Welcome to TMP's trying to conceive, pregnancy & parenting forums!
TTC & Pregnancy Tools: Ovulation Calculator | hCG Calculator | Due Date Calculator
The TMP Store

Preconception, Pregnancy, Parenting & You

Go Back   The Mommy Playbook > Pregnancy Forums > Pregnancy Chat > Special Pregnancies

Stopping Preterm Labor - Special Pregnancies

Old July 13th, 2010, 12:05 AM   #9
Laura

Member #: 4010
My doctor tried to keep my going until 36 weeks. I was in the hospital twice a week getting the terbutaline shots, and taking Procardia. At almost 35 weeks, they still tried to stop labor, but couldn't, so they went ahead and let me progress.
However, like Shay said, I live in a small town,and they were not well equipped to deal with a preemie if there were lung issues. I was on stand-by to be taken to St. Luke's with the baby.

Laura is offline   Reply With Quote
Please register or login to remove these ads.

Old July 13th, 2010, 12:29 AM   #10
oicu814me2
Mama Sandy

Member #: 3023
Quote:
Originally Posted by Laura View Post
My doctor tried to keep my going until 36 weeks. I was in the hospital twice a week getting the terbutaline shots, and taking Procardia. At almost 35 weeks, they still tried to stop labor, but couldn't, so they went ahead and let me progress.
However, like Shay said, I live in a small town,and they were not well equipped to deal with a preemie if there were lung issues. I was on stand-by to be taken to St. Luke's with the baby.
That is the first time I had heard of getting terb injections that way. I have always either gotten them injected at the hospital in the arm every 15 minutes (max of three injections), had the pills or was given the terb pump. It's always so interesting to hear how differently some doctors/clinics handle things.

I am lucky that if I have this baby too early (before 34 weeks) we have hospitals locally equipped to handle it. A VERY early preemie would be flown to Chicago but still fairly close (1 1/2 hour drive or so). So far the 17P injections weekly and terb pills are keeping me home and not making much progress. I wish the contractions would stop since they are never more than 15 minutes apart...NEVER! But, at least they aren't doing anything yet!

oicu814me2 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
labor, preterm, stopping