Welcome to TMP's trying to conceive, pregnancy & parenting forums!
TTC & Pregnancy Tools: Ovulation Calculator | hCG Calculator | Due Date Calculator
The TMP Store

Preconception, Pregnancy, Parenting & You

Hi moms & moms to be! mom message board Welcome to The Mommy Playbook message board - a ttc, pregnancy and parenting forum.

We've enjoyed nine wonderful years together and sadly are having to announce that the TMP forums are closing. All the threads, posts and pictures will remain. Hopefully some of the conversations out here will help you on your journey whether it's into parenthood or in the midst of the madness. ;)

Go Back   The Mommy Playbook > Nutrition, Diapering and More > *New* Potty Training

I know it's a little early, but... - *New* Potty Training

Old May 21st, 2015, 02:55 PM   #9
Imagine_the_Memories

Member #: 18252
Alyssa - Thank you! If I'm honest, I actually feel a little smug. All the negative people are like, "Really? She's telling you when she pees in her diaper?" Mwahahaha! In fact, I had to stop typing this halfway through to go change her because..."Mommy. Pee pee. Pee pee." LOL

L - I'm so proud of her. She's got too much smarts sometimes (baby proofing did not work after she watched us open things a few times...), but I really didn't think we'd have that kind of understanding so quickly!

Amanda - I'm not sure why she was getting so upset about the accidents. I never made them "bad" things, but I think it was more just that she just isn't quite there to know what she should do when she has to go. And that's okay! I was totally prepared to take a break!

I actually was talking to a friend about it and she pointed out that people potty train newborns (elimination communication), so that it certainly was not THAT early to be potty training. So I totally agree with you that it's never too early!

Your advice is totally valuable! Every kid is different, so every bit of experience helps!

Thanks girls for you help and advice! I appreciate it!

Imagine_the_Memories is offline   Reply With Quote
Please register or login to remove these ads.

Old May 21st, 2015, 05:11 PM   #10
mandalynn

Member #: 16825
Quote:
Originally Posted by Imagine_the_Memories View Post

I actually was talking to a friend about it and she pointed out that people potty train newborns (elimination communication), so that it certainly was not THAT early to be potty training. So I totally agree with you that it's never too early!

Your advice is totally valuable! Every kid is different, so every bit of experience helps!

Thanks girls for you help and advice! I appreciate it!
Yep, we did some elimination communication when my son was an infant. I would hold him over his little potty when he needed to pee at six weeks old, and he would pee there instead of a diaper. We never committed to it 100% but that's why I say we have been working on this on and off for a LONG time! Basically his whole life. Haha.

Keep up the great work momma!

mandalynn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 21st, 2015, 05:35 PM   #11
Munko

Member #: 14753
DD was the same way! At 17 months she was dry if not in a diaper and would hold it forever, tell us and demand to be changed (she'd actually ask
For a diaper if she was naked and had to pee) but did not want anything to do with the potty AT all! She still trained relatively young; just after her second bday, but for her it was all the mental hurdle. She was physically ready very early but she was not comfortable with the potty at all (or toilet, or the new extra potty, etc) once she got it though...she never looked back. We didn't "potty train" she sat down one day, peed and that was that, she was out of diapers that day!

Munko is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
but..., early, it's

The Mommy Playbook > Nutrition, Diapering and More > *New* Potty Training