Welcome to TMP's trying to conceive, pregnancy & parenting forums!
TTC & Pregnancy Tools: Ovulation Calculator | hCG Calculator | Due Date Calculator
The TMP Store

Preconception, Pregnancy, Parenting & You

Go Back   The Mommy Playbook > Parenting & Family Forums > The School Years

bed wetting? - The School Years

Old August 26th, 2013, 11:34 PM   #1
5surprise

Member #: 21132
bed wetting?

My sons are 5 and 7 (almost 8). I also have a 3yo boy and 1.5yo girl.

They have been fully day toilet trained since 18months (7yo) and 3 (5yo) my 5 year old only wets his bed maybe 1-2x a week. My almost 8yo however, wets every. Single. Night. I'm going insaneee! They pee through everything. Bottom sheet, top sheet, blankets etc.

I'm not sure if its hereditary (my Nana, mum, me and my brother all wet til we were 12. My sisters never did after day training)

The worst bit is after they wee, they strip off and come into my bed. I wake up to find them there (they don't wake me, just sneak in quietly)

Any advice? How can I get them to stop wetting? Thanks!

5surprise is offline   Reply With Quote
Please register or login to remove these ads.

Old January 14th, 2014, 08:00 PM   #2
Mishy

Member #: 7842
My oldest was a bed wetter as well. For a very long time and I guess in a sense he still is as he does still have accidents but it isn't nightly like it used to be. I make sure he uses the washroom before bed and if he wakes up at all and asks for another drink then I get him to use the washroom again while I pour him a glass of water or something. This has seemed to work for us. Only the occasional time does he wet the bed now. Maybe once or twice a month if that. Good luck.

Mishy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 14th, 2014, 08:35 PM   #3
tnt1043

Member #: 24864
my 7yo wets every night. she does not wake up. it's a completely different brain function than daytime trained. I'm at a complete loss about what to do as well. we use "nighttime underwear."

tnt1043 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 16th, 2014, 03:26 PM   #4
28_mommy
D&D playing, tattooed mom

Member #: 25655
My 7yo son wets every night, he does not wake up, he does not feel it. I put pullups on him. I know it's bad, but both my fiance and I have full time jobs, and my son has school. We can't all be miserable and over tired because we keep him up all night making him go to the bathroom.

28_mommy is offline   Reply With Quote