Welcome to TMP's trying to conceive, pregnancy & parenting forums!
TTC & Pregnancy Tools: Ovulation Calculator | hCG Calculator | Due Date Calculator
The TMP Store

Preconception, Pregnancy, Parenting & You

Go Back   The Mommy Playbook > Due Date Clubs > April 2015 Due Date Club

My early rainbow baby has arrived! - April 2015 Due Date Club

Old March 20th, 2015, 12:59 PM   #9
invisible_ink
Serial Gum Chewer

Member #: 6395
Awww what a precious little man! I know how hard it is to leave your newborn in the NICU and have to go home. Sometimes if you call the hospital, they will have an open room that they will let you stay the night in, especially if there aren't many laboring women. I used to call every afternoon, and sometimes I got to stay with her.

invisible_ink is offline   Reply With Quote
Please register or login to remove these ads.

Old March 20th, 2015, 02:11 PM   #10
CrazyBeautiful
Missing my angel Cameron

Member #: 1541
Aww he's adorable

CrazyBeautiful is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 20th, 2015, 03:33 PM   #11
Beccaro

Member #: 26429
Thank you all so much!

I've been MIA over here. Forgive me for not being around. Every ounce of my energy has been dedicated to the NICU and pumping every 2.5-3 hours round the clock. I can't remember when I last updated so I'm just going to give the rundown of whats been happening.

Donovan is doing well. He is off of oxygen and no longer has an IV. He went to a crib two days ago and seemed to be doing good with it. I went in yesterday morning to find they had moved him back into an incubator and he had an apnea/bradycardia spell. I lost it and started bawling. We thought he might get to come home this weekend and both of these things are big set backs.
His nurse was wonderful and tried what she could to make me feel better. She had the LC come by and I got to try latching him on. He was very sleepy so he didn't do much but it was nice to be close. With the A/B spell he is guaranteed to stay another 7 days. By last night I was feeling some better about things. He didn't have any spells yesterday but then he had one this morning. Which means our 7 days starts all over. In addition to still needing to be able to hold his body temp in a crib, take all feeds by mouth and pass his car seat test. I don't know how long we will have to be here
My 8 year old is sick today and my DH has an inspection at work so I went up for the 8am feeding since I won't be able to go back until 5pm. (I usually walk there from the Ronald McDonald house where we are staying and stay at nicu all day). At 8am they let me try him with a bottle of breastmilk. He gulped it down like a pro. So that is one step forward. They will tube feed him the rest of today and try another bottle on night shift. Until we know it doesn't stress him out too much. He finally started gaining weight again and is up to 4lb 8oz.
I'm going to try Adding some pics (I'm on my phone)... This baby smiles more than any baby I've ever seen. lol he definitely cheers me up and makes the exhaustion worth it!

Beccaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 20th, 2015, 03:40 PM   #12
Beccaro

image-1464153763.jpg

image-2599565569.jpg
Attached Images
File Type: jpg image-1934213419.jpg (54.6 KB, 21 views)
File Type: jpg image-3640045271.jpg (57.3 KB, 18 views)
File Type: jpg image-1921612391.jpg (42.3 KB, 19 views)
File Type: jpg image-1225138191.jpg (38.1 KB, 17 views)

Old March 20th, 2015, 03:42 PM   #13
HaveFaith
Expecting baby #1

Member #: 23668
He is adorable. Look at those smiles! I hope his home soon

HaveFaith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 20th, 2015, 11:12 PM   #14
Cinnamon320
Mama to 3 and 3 angels <3

Member #: 4404
Oh what a sweet boy! Are your other children able to stay with you at the RM house, or are they at home? I can't imagine feeling so torn. Keep up the great work, Mama!

Cinnamon320 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 20th, 2015, 11:22 PM   #15
Beccaro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cinnamon320 View Post
Oh what a sweet boy! Are your other children able to stay with you at the RM house, or are they at home? I can't imagine feeling so torn. Keep up the great work, Mama!
Yes they have been staying with us so at least we have all been together. The people who own the company my husband works for have been great. They gave him a week off and the let him come in late and leave early the rest of this week to get the other boys to and from school. Next week will be different since he is back to his normal schedule. I may be staying here by myself starting next week.

Old March 21st, 2015, 01:46 AM   #16
madrose124

Member #: 3739
What a little cutie

madrose124 is offline   Reply With Quote