Welcome to TMP's trying to conceive, pregnancy & parenting forums!
TTC & Pregnancy Tools: Ovulation Calculator | hCG Calculator | Due Date Calculator
The TMP Store

Preconception, Pregnancy, Parenting & You

Go Back   The Mommy Playbook > Due Date Clubs > April 2015 Due Date Club

what are you guys feeling? - April 2015 Due Date Club

Old January 29th, 2015, 01:41 PM   #1

Member #: 13091
what are you guys feeling?

This is my first, so I always have lots of questions... I feel bad for our mid-wife... cause every time I go, I have a list! We officially started the third trimester this week, and I was sent home with the homework of counting kicks... so I downloaded an app and starting checking. For me, he has been more active in the early afternoon (2-4), then again at night (10-11), then early morning (4-6)... the rest of the time he's quiet, may roll or give a few bumps here and there, but not the marathons he does at those other times...

What kind of activity are you guys getting?

Also, sometimes, not every day and not the whole day, I feel like my belly is just stretching... I'm feeling that right now... like my skin is just stretching... I'm thinking this is a growing moment... but wondering if anyone is/has been feeling something like this too. I've felt it off/on all through the pregnancy, but this last couple of weeks it seems more prolonged.

Any insight would be awesome!

I hope everyone is feeling well and babies are growing fast!

April can't come soon enough!

andrea850 is offline   Reply With Quote
Please register or login to remove these ads.

Old January 29th, 2015, 02:06 PM   #2

Member #: 12900
Glad things seem to going well for you, and congrats on entering the last trimester!

This pregnancy has sucked for me, but it's okay, because the end result is worth it.

Your DS's movements sound normal to me. My DS moved all day and night, but this little girl is completely different. She'll move like crazy for about 15 minutes in the morning, an occasional movement in the middle of the day, and then move like crazy again for about 30 minutes to an hour at bed time.

MrsNimkumpoop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 29th, 2015, 08:40 PM   #3

Member #: 9280
I feel most activity during the night, although the past few days I have noticed an increase in movement at random times. My guess is that is because she is getting bigger and the movements are more noticeable. I was so sick with a stomach bug earlier this week and baby was bouncing around like crazy- I guess she was not enjoying throwing up either!
I have these strange quivers in my belly and stretches, I forgot how alien-like a baby is lol!

blake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 30th, 2015, 03:43 PM   #4

Member #: 13091
thanks guys! that's very reassuring! it's very alien like... that's probably the best way to describe it!

andrea850 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 30th, 2015, 04:18 PM   #5

Member #: 11243
Know that each baby is different, even in utero. Some babies are really really chill and don't move a whole lot or kick hard. In some cases those babies have gone on to be super chill and calm after birth too. Other times babies are constantly active and moving and they are often on the move early after birth too. There is a WIDE range of normal and I would not be doing actual 'kick counting' unless there is a reason to be concerned. More than anything I think it is stressful and time consuming. If you realize you haven't felt baby all day, eat something and lie down and pay attention for a little while. When I'm busy I hardly notice baby.

reddlox is offline   Reply With Quote

feeling?, guys