Welcome to TMP's trying to conceive, pregnancy & parenting forums!
TTC & Pregnancy Tools: Ovulation Calculator | hCG Calculator | Due Date Calculator
The TMP Store

Preconception, Pregnancy, Parenting & You

Go Back   The Mommy Playbook > Nutrition, Diapering and More > Breastfeeding Support > Breastfeeding Problems - Help and Support

Milk production - Breastfeeding Problems - Help and Support

Old August 28th, 2012, 12:08 AM   #1
mamalex94

Member #: 20101
Milk production

I feel like I may not be producing enough milk. Anytime I pump my left side I get a significant amount less than my right side if any and my baby has been acting so hungry lately and I don't feel my milk coming in like it used to. What can I do? I don't want to stop breadtfeeding! I will do anything to be able to keep breadtfeeding!!

mamalex94 is offline   Reply With Quote
Please register or login to remove these ads.

Old August 28th, 2012, 12:38 AM   #2
MountainMama
Soylent Green is people!

Member #: 661
Pumping is not to be used as an indication of supply unless you are exclusively pumping and bottle feeding. Our bodies just dont respond to pumps as they would a baby.

All women have one breast that makes more than the other. Its completely normal, and over the day it just balances out.

The best way to increase supply is to nurse often. If your baby wants to nurse every hour then let him. Skin to skin contact also gets the hormones going, so try that as well.

The best indicator of supply is output. Is your baby having 6-8 wet diapers a day. Is your baby growing, gaining weight?

How old is your baby? Do you think your baby is having a growth spurt? They naturally want to nurse more and always seem hungry. This is natures way of boosting your supply.

Call your local La Leche League group for support and reassurance. You will feel so much better.

MountainMama is offline   Reply With Quote