Welcome to TMP's trying to conceive, pregnancy & parenting forums!
TTC & Pregnancy Tools: Ovulation Calculator | hCG Calculator | Due Date Calculator
The TMP Store

Preconception, Pregnancy, Parenting & You

Go Back   The Mommy Playbook > Pregnancy Forums > Pregnancy Chat > Special Pregnancies

PCOS and Endo - Special Pregnancies

Old February 23rd, 2009, 11:33 PM   #1
raynestorm77
WHO DAT!!

Member #: 7442
Arrow PCOS and Endo

I am 8 weeks pregnant and have PCOS and Endo. I have read several things about being "High Risk" when you have PCOS during pregnancy but I was wondering if anyone experienced this themselves. This is my 3rd baby and I didn't even think I would be able to get pregnant without at least the Clomid this time but Surprise, Surprise!!! I don't go back to the Dr. for another month and I would like to know what if there are any questions I should ask. Thank you in advance for your help, and heres to a happy and healthy pregnancy to all!!

raynestorm77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Please register or login to remove these ads.

Old February 25th, 2009, 06:41 AM   #2
Kaboobie
family complete :)

Member #: 2234
I have PCOS but don't have Endo. Not all women with PCOS are considered high risk, and the fact that you got pregnant on your own is a great sign, especially if you had no other problems during your other pregnancies. I would just ask your doctor if there is anything special you should be doing. Otherwise, Congrats and have a great pregnancy!!!

Kaboobie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 25th, 2009, 03:52 PM   #3
cinderella08

I have PCOS, but not endo. I got pregnant after 4 months of trying with no fertility drugs - miracle completely!! Ava's definitely our miracle baby. I didn't have any complications during my pregnancy that I would attribute to PCOS. I had several bleeding episodes - 4 or 5 and I went into pre term labor 3 times which landed my on bedrest in a my 3rd trimester. I was admitted to the hospital at 37 weeks 5 days for my blood pressure, diagnosed with Pre-E the next day and induced. After 14 hours of hard labor my body couldn't take it any longer and I delivered a beautiful 6lbs 13oz baby girl VIA C-section. My PCOS had nothing to do with my pregnancy complications but is causing me HORRIBLE complications breastfeeding. I'm on 5 herbal/Rx meds daily to help my milk supply, pumping around the clock, and having to supplement with formula. Sometimes with PCOS you can have an over supply, and sometimes your body just forgets go make milk That's the only issue PCOS has given me. I hope you have a healthy and happy pregnancy!!!

cinderella08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 26th, 2009, 12:54 AM   #4
madrose124

Member #: 3739
My mom had(has) endo, PCOS and pelvic inflamatory disease. She got pregnant with me by miracle truly, and the doctors told her after the fact that it was a miracle she stayed preggers with me without extra help. She ended up miscarrying her next baby (at 14 weeks) and thats how they figured out she had all these problems (they didnt know whe she was preggers with me). I believe it was her body's inability to stabilize the hormones, and i think they said it was an issue with progrestrone (dont quote me on it tho) for why she miscarried. I say this not to scare but just so that you might ask about it for your doctor....it matters mostly in the second tri, right after 12 weeks as far as i know. She was put on drugs and hormone treatments with my brother and carried the pregnancy to 42 weeks! (poor thing lol).

She also breast fed us both for over a year and it did not affect that at all.

Im sure your docs know what they are doing especially if they know you have PCOS & endo...you may just bring it up.

madrose124 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 26th, 2009, 01:43 AM   #5
Rydien

Member #: 2073
With DS, I had no complications at all, but I apparently had very mild PCOS at the time and hadn't been diagnosed with Endo yet.

I had a m/c and several "chemical pregnancies" before I got pregnant with this sticky girl. I early pregnancy I had a few episodes of bleeding, that my doctor contributed to the Endo. I've been contracting and effacing since around 17 weeks, which my doctor thinks is being caused by the PCOS. There's really no way of knowing though. With a little medication and bed rest (mostly modified, with a little strict thrown in), things are looking good.

Your doctor(s) will know what to do in any case. I'd ask up front if you were being classified as high risk because of your PCOS and Endo, and what you should/shouldn't do because of it.

And remember that a ton of women with PCOS, Endo, and a combination of them both go on to have very healthy, uneventful pregnancies.

Rydien is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 28th, 2009, 11:28 PM   #6
houseplantgirl

Member #: 7944
I have PCOS, and I'm on pregnancy #4.
I've had no complications, both now and in previous pg's.

houseplantgirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 7th, 2009, 09:37 PM   #7
White Star
Rockin with the TMP girl

Member #: 130
I have Endo - due to more scar tissue I'm told it would make a C-section more complicated. Other than that it was not an issue with my pregnancy with my son.

White Star is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 8th, 2009, 04:14 AM   #8
raynestorm77
WHO DAT!!

Member #: 7442
Quote:
Originally Posted by White Star View Post
I have Endo - due to more scar tissue I'm told it would make a C-section more complicated. Other than that it was not an issue with my pregnancy with my son.

That is very true, after my last lap my doctor gave me the pics and it is a lot of territory for them to go through.

raynestorm77 is offline   Reply With Quote