Welcome to TMP's trying to conceive, pregnancy & parenting forums!
TTC & Pregnancy Tools: Ovulation Calculator | hCG Calculator | Due Date Calculator
The TMP Store

Preconception, Pregnancy, Parenting & You

Go Back   The Mommy Playbook > Pregnancy Forums > Pregnancy Chat > Special Pregnancies

Collapsed gestational sac? - Special Pregnancies

Old April 12th, 2011, 02:52 AM   #1
mysticalstar1986

Member #: 14130
Question Collapsed gestational sac?

I had twins a few days ago according to our ultrasound and my beta numbers, but we were told the yolk sac is enlarged and filled with fluid and unviable. We went for another u/s today. She found a healthy baby, in the sac where the healthy baby was was still this odd ball shape which they assumed was the yolk sac in our first u/s that determined twins. She is unsure what it is. Below my gestational sac she said it appeared to be one of two things. Either a Subchrionic Bleeding OR a collapsed gestational sac because it appears to have debris in it which she believes could have been the yolk sac. I have never actually heard of a collapsed yolk sac. Has anyone heard of this?

mysticalstar1986 is offline   Reply With Quote
Please register or login to remove these ads.

Old April 13th, 2011, 05:49 PM   #2
Kaboobie
family complete :)

Member #: 2234
Oh Mindy, I am so sorry for your loss. ((hugs))

I haven't heard it called that before, but I do know that remnants of conception start to break down so that they can either be passed out of your body or re-absorbed. So it does make sense. When will you know if you have a SCB? Are they going to do another u/s?

Kaboobie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 13th, 2011, 07:25 PM   #3
mysticalstar1986

Member #: 14130
They may do another u/s tomorrow when I go to my first OB visit, but they may not since I just got my 3rd one Monday. In my u/s she pointed out a spot below healthy babies gestational sac and said it could be the SBC or it could be a gestational sac that collapsed. Now my thing is that, when they saw the twin, it was NOT in a second gestational sac, it was the sac with the healthy baby. It wouldnt just move like that and all the sudden have its own gestational sac, right??

mysticalstar1986 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
collapsed, gestational, sac?