Welcome to TMP's trying to conceive, pregnancy & parenting forums!
TTC & Pregnancy Tools: Ovulation Calculator | hCG Calculator | Due Date Calculator
The TMP Store

Preconception, Pregnancy, Parenting & You

Go Back   The Mommy Playbook > Pregnancy Forums > Pregnancy Chat > Special Pregnancies

Amniotic Fluid Question X-Posted - Special Pregnancies

Old August 4th, 2009, 08:14 PM   #1
oliviasmommy
Maggie - Mommy to Olivia

Member #: 6521
Crying Amniotic Fluid Question X-Posted

I had my appt today, I'm 14 weeks 3 Days.
Everything looked good, except my midwife mentioned that my amniotic fluid was a bit low. She wasn't overly worried or anything just mentioned it and told me to drink alot of water and come back in 2 weeks to recheck everything.
Babys heartbeat was just great, nice and strong. but i'm worried.
I googled it and well thats a bad idea, and worried myself even more, now their saying it could be a birth defect, or it could cause a birth defect and that I could have a m/c or stillbirth.
I'm super worried, dh says not to worry, cause if it was more serious she wouldn't have sent me home.
What do you all think?
And anyone with prior experience with this?
thanks!

oliviasmommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Please register or login to remove these ads.

Old August 4th, 2009, 09:28 PM   #2
Melina
Loving Mommyhood!

Member #: 4552
First of all - stop googling. Put. The. Google. Down!!

Secondly, follow your midwife's instructions. Down the water, take it easy, and you will be FINE! There are several women who have had lower fluid here and have gone on to have perfectly healthy babies.

Melina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 4th, 2009, 11:45 PM   #3
I62

Member #: 2314
My best friend had low amniotic fluid practically her whole pregnancy... and tomorrow I'm flying to visit her and new 3 month old healthy little girl.

Google should be banned for pregnant women!

Besides, did you have an ultrasound? The only way for them to tell if the fluid is truly "low" is to measure the pockets. Maybe you are just measuring small because your baby is small or you are small.

Last edited by I62; August 4th, 2009 at 11:47 PM..
I62 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 5th, 2009, 12:33 AM   #4
oliviasmommy
Maggie - Mommy to Olivia

Member #: 6521
Thanks ladies!
Melina I put the google down .. thanks! that helped alot.

I62- Yeah my midwife does u/s each appt (i'm not high risk, its just customary at the clinic) THanks for the info too, I'm glad your friends doing good with her baby, made me feel alot better. And she measured something and that when she said it was low, but didn't seem overly worried just a bit concerned and said drink water and come back in 2 weeks.

oliviasmommy is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
amniotic, fluid, question, x-posted