Welcome to TMP's trying to conceive, pregnancy & parenting forums!
TTC & Pregnancy Tools: Ovulation Calculator | hCG Calculator | Due Date Calculator
The TMP Store

Preconception, Pregnancy, Parenting & You

Go Back   The Mommy Playbook > 2008 - 2012 Playgroups > 2010 Playgroups > May - June 2010 Playgroup

Reflux - May - June 2010 Playgroup

Old July 6th, 2010, 10:42 AM   #1
Brog80

Member #: 9913
Reflux

Ugh.....So Ireland started with what we thought was a "fussy time" which turned into fussy hours to fussy days...lol.
By yesterday my dh came home and she and I were both in tears, I was in my pajamas still @ 5pm, and I had eaten a ice cream sandwich all day.

I just took her to the ped this morn and he put her on Xantac....praying this helps!
I knew it was reflux because she was screaming in pain,coughing,raspy sounding cry....AWFUL.

Hs anyone else experienced this?

Brog80 is offline   Reply With Quote
Please register or login to remove these ads.

Old July 6th, 2010, 10:54 AM   #2
Kaboobie
family complete :)

Member #: 2234
my twins had reflux. it was awful. The Zantac worked for them within a day or so and it was so nice. Just remember to not lay her down right away after feeding her, wait 30 minutes or so and have her head elevated. Bouncy seats or swings are great for this, even the car seat works. Hopefully the meds will work quickly! I feel for you!

Kaboobie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 7th, 2010, 01:01 PM   #3
SweetLuv14383

Member #: 10514
Tj has reflux but he's not cranky he just spits up all the time, the hospital when he was there told me to thicken up his breast milk with rice cereal that doesnt help much either im wondering how come they didnt put him on zantac? hope it works for you hon, let me know so i can see if the doctors will put tj on it cause i dont want to keep doing the rice cereal/.

SweetLuv14383 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 7th, 2010, 01:37 PM   #4
codajo

Member #: 5796
It definitely is hard! Our son was in his bouncy seat a lot! It was nice having him constantly propped up. He was put on Zantac and cereal in each bottle. The Zantac didn't work for us. Prevacid was our magic med, but I hope and pray the Zantac works for your LO!

codajo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 8th, 2010, 11:24 AM   #5
Brog80

Member #: 9913
Thanks! The Zantac seems to be working....she had a crying fit last night but it was around the time she was due for her next dose so I'm thinking that was it.

I did hear about Prevacid working better also....

I did thicken her bottle up with RIce last night and she did like it.

It's so hard when they cry and you don't know what's up!

Brog80 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 8th, 2010, 11:39 AM   #6
codajo

Member #: 5796
Absolutely! It's a helpless feeling!

codajo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 9th, 2010, 03:32 PM   #7
jab1408

Member #: 8182
Hunter has it too but he just projectile vomits with his. It is awful the Enfamil AR formula has helped him a lot but he still throws up. Hoping they will give him Zantac at our next appt. Good luck and hope it gets better.

jab1408 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
reflux