Welcome to TMP's trying to conceive, pregnancy & parenting forums!
TTC & Pregnancy Tools: Ovulation Calculator | hCG Calculator | Due Date Calculator
The TMP Store

Preconception, Pregnancy, Parenting & You

Go Back   The Mommy Playbook > 2008 - 2012 Playgroups > 2010 Playgroups > September - December 2010 Playgroup

Acid reflux - September - December 2010 Playgroup

Old June 16th, 2010, 10:44 AM   #1
NaillijB
Loving my baby girl <3

Member #: 6364
Acid reflux

Last night I kept waking up feeling like I was choking, and my throat burned. I felt like I'd thrown up in my mouth a little and the stomach acid burned sooooo bad! I chowed down on tums but that barely put a dent in it. It hurt so bad I started crying and DH got up and just sat with me and rubbed my back. He hates seeing me in pain, it really upsets him. What else can I take that is safe for baby on top of everything else I'm taking? I seem to have lost my sheet of meds that are safe, and I don't think I can handle another night like that and I'm sure it's just going to get worse

NaillijB is offline   Reply With Quote
Please register or login to remove these ads.

Old June 16th, 2010, 11:04 AM   #2
armychica06
Waiting to conceive #3!

Member #: 9612
I use TUMS- have a big bottle right along side my bed.... once the heartburn starts- I pop it right in and suck on it until it dissolves.

armychica06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 16th, 2010, 11:06 AM   #3
NaillijB
Loving my baby girl <3

I have a bottle of them right next to my bed too. They didn't do anything for me last night

Old June 16th, 2010, 11:09 AM   #4
Lecia

Member #: 9395
I was having that kind of acid reflux and no matter how many Tums or Rolaids you take, it will not help. My MW told me to take 150mgs of Zantac for that degree of acid reflux, she's usually very anti-drugs-unless-absolutely-necessary, but as you know, this is a case that it's really necessary- my entire stomach, throat, and back felt like it was literally on FIRE.

Lecia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 16th, 2010, 11:18 AM   #5
00shayna

Member #: 1757
I took Zantac 150 mg twice a day with DD for the whole 3rd trimester! It's a category B drug, I believe. In fact, DD had to take it as well after she was born, because she ended up with reflux too! It helped me a lot, but I still had to take an occasional rolaid throughout the day. Good luck!

00shayna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 16th, 2010, 11:24 AM   #6
NaillijB
Loving my baby girl <3

Is zantac OTC or do I have to get a prescription?

Old June 16th, 2010, 11:31 AM   #7
Matthewsmommy

Member #: 11127
I'm doing zantac twice a day, and still wake up in pain most nights. I can't imagine how bad it would be without it! It's OTC.

Matthewsmommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 16th, 2010, 11:35 AM   #8
Lecia

Member #: 9395
Yea, it's OTC. It still takes an hour to work if you wait until you are already in pain, but it actually does relieve it eventually. I just started taking it before dinner just in case.

Lecia is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
acid, reflux