Welcome to TMP's trying to conceive, pregnancy & parenting forums!
TTC & Pregnancy Tools: Ovulation Calculator | hCG Calculator | Due Date Calculator
The TMP Store

Preconception, Pregnancy, Parenting & You

Go Back   The Mommy Playbook > 2008 - 2012 Playgroups > 2010 Playgroups > March - April 2010 Playgroup

Poor Lily might have reflux :( - March - April 2010 Playgroup

Old July 15th, 2010, 09:27 PM   #1

Member #: 9133
Poor Lily might have reflux :(

Took her to the doctor yesterday and they think she might have reflux. She has pretty much all the symptoms ... won't sleep much during the day, won't sleep laying down unless she's completely exhausted (it's only swing or carseat during the day), spits up and burps alot, hiccups alot, has a constant need to suck (when she's not nursing she screams for passy to keep her happy) and downright fussy I'd say 80% of the time. They prescribed me some medicine for her that she will take twice a day.

I really hope it helps, and I hope she hasn't been feeling really bad!! I just feel like she's abnormally fussy... I hope this might help because I want a happy baby I can enjoy!! I sometimes see you ladies happy babies and I feel jealous. Lily is happy some of the time .. but crying or fussing a whole lot more of the time! Maybe this is it and will provide some relief! Crossing my fingers...

AmyMama is offline   Reply With Quote
Please register or login to remove these ads.

Old July 15th, 2010, 10:15 PM   #2
Clara's mama

Member #: 6232
Amy, I really hope the medicine helps her. Clara's symptoms (mainly fussy nursing and general fussiness) improved a little once we started her on Zantac but I'm not convinced that it's reflux. I think it may be teething. Hopefully Lily cheers up and is happier.

emilyp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 15th, 2010, 10:52 PM   #3

Member #: 9280
I hope it helps and gives you some relief

blake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 16th, 2010, 05:30 AM   #4
Med Wifery

Member #: 9034
Well, at least you've got something new to try. It must be exhausting (for both of you) for poor Lily to be so disgruntled all day. I hope you both get some relief!

charispina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 16th, 2010, 11:44 AM   #5

Member #: 9104
aww! poor lily and poor momma! i am sure it is more than exhausting having an overly fussy baby! when kamryn has a day or 2 where she is super fussy...i definitely notice it wears on my nerves more!! best wishes to u guys! hope the medicine is the relief you've been looking for!

afray12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 16th, 2010, 03:35 PM   #6
Color outside the lines

Member #: 6888
Amy, my son has been on Zantac since he was 2 months old. He is currently on zantac and prilosec now. It has worked wonders for him. I was hesitant about putting him on meds BUT it has made him feel so much better (and me to!) Hope it works for Lily too.

CBear11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 17th, 2010, 07:33 AM   #7

Member #: 13022
I hope the medicine helps her :dothug: xx

mumto4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 17th, 2010, 05:39 PM   #8
Leilani & Brendan's Mommy

Member #: 133
I hope the medicine helps. We had Leilani on Zantac for reflux when she was an infant.

Leasel is offline   Reply With Quote

lily, poor, reflux