Welcome to TMP's trying to conceive, pregnancy & parenting forums!
TTC & Pregnancy Tools: Ovulation Calculator | hCG Calculator | Due Date Calculator
The TMP Store

Preconception, Pregnancy, Parenting & You

Go Back   The Mommy Playbook > Parenting & Family Forums > The Toddler Years

Toddler Intros - The Toddler Years

Old March 19th, 2015, 08:46 PM   #9
alliec

Member #: 19254
Mindi, did Laney always dislike protein or did that develop when she got older? How do you get protein in her?

Cai was a fabulous eater until just after his 1st birthday when we went to the Philippines. He had a hard time adjusting to the heat and pretty much only ate crackers and bananas (and nursed). Since then he has pretty much refused to eat meat or tofu, and even cheese can be kind of hit and miss.

He absolutely hates smoothies and refuses to even hold the cup if I offer him one. I'm just thankful he will eat yogurt because that's the only thing with protein I can get in him

alliec is offline   Reply With Quote
Please register or login to remove these ads.

Old March 20th, 2015, 09:33 AM   #10
Mindik

Member #: 14745
Allie it's something that has developed probably since she turned 2. She used to eat like a champ. She loved chicken, fish, yogurt, etc. Now she won't eat meat that's not in nugget form or on a stick. :/

We haven't come up with a solution at all. We just work with her and encourage her to eat beans and things when she will. But one day she'll eat something and the next she refuses. So it's hit and miss.

Mindik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 20th, 2015, 09:35 AM   #11
Mindik

Member #: 14745
Quote:
Originally Posted by AmeliaPond View Post
Henry gets Highlights Hello magazine and loves it. Next year we'll switch to High Five.
Laney also loved the "Hello" magazine I'm SO Ready for next month's to get here. It's literally ALL she wants to read. She has the stories memorized

Mindik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 1st, 2015, 03:27 AM   #12
roziecakes
Maisie & Lyric's Mommy ♥

Member #: 16954
I have two Toddlers, so I'll go oldest to youngest:

My name: Roz

Toddler's name/nickname: Maisie
Toddler's age: 2 years 6 months
Toddler's fave food: chicken, oranges and cucumbers
Toddler's fave book: When The Sun Rose by Barbara Helen Berger
Toddler's fave toy: Her dollhouse

Something new your toddler has learned/done recently:
Maisie is learning her colors and how to count and loves to count things that she sees and point out what color everything is. She loves to sing!

Recent pic of your toddler (if you share pics): (see attached) - Pic is of her facepainting.

Toddler's name/nickname: Lyric
Toddler's age: 17 months
Toddler's fave food: anything. No seriously, probably bananas and eggs, but she is a little garbage disposal.
Toddler's fave book: Blueberries for Sal
Toddler's fave toy: Stuffed animals. She especially loves bunnies. She kisses them and hugs them and carries them around everywhere. She also loves blocks and loves coloring.

Something new your toddler has learned/done recently: Lyric has learned a bunch of body parts and likes to point them out (unfortunately she sticks her finger in people's eyes and mouths trying to say 'eyes!' 'Mouf!' 'Earrrs!' etc). She is a big blabbermouth and I think will really start talking soon - a lot faster than Maisie did. Lyric has been sitting on the potty - I think she is copying Maisie though.

Recent pic of your toddler (if you share pics): (see attached) - Pic is of her playing outside.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 11065913_10204090897817116_2980794012070006338_n.jpg (41.7 KB, 11 views)
File Type: png cutielyric.png (661.6 KB, 12 views)

roziecakes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 1st, 2015, 03:31 AM   #13
roziecakes
Maisie & Lyric's Mommy ♥

Member #: 16954
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mindik View Post
Allie it's something that has developed probably since she turned 2. She used to eat like a champ. She loved chicken, fish, yogurt, etc. Now she won't eat meat that's not in nugget form or on a stick. :/

We haven't come up with a solution at all. We just work with her and encourage her to eat beans and things when she will. But one day she'll eat something and the next she refuses. So it's hit and miss.
What I was told is to just keep offering things and eventually they get used to them, and just keep encouraging.

I can empathize. Maisie used to eat a big variety and in the last few months she has gotten somewhat picky. She's the opposite though, she loves meat and things with protein and is finicky about veggies - mostly it depends on how things are cooked. She'll eat raw vegetables over cooked ones any day, but only certain ones.

Lyric is completely the opposite and will eat any old thing. She will eat her food and whatever food Maisie leaves behind too...

roziecakes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 9th, 2015, 12:01 PM   #14
Caffeinated Kat
platypus lover

Member #: 3034
Elliot was swimming by 15 months alone, scared the crAp out of me especiLly since he would go under for so long, like a little dolphin. We used to go to water parks and people try to save him LOL i'm like you can put him down he's just swimming lol

Caffeinated Kat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 9th, 2015, 12:04 PM   #15
Caffeinated Kat
platypus lover

Member #: 3034
Quote:
Originally Posted by alliec View Post
With Munko's permission I thought I'd try to get this place active for those of us with toddlers who are without PGs!

Let's get to know each other

Name/nickname: Kat
Toddler's name/nickname: quinn
Toddler's age: 19 months

Toddler's fave food: noodles
Toddler's fave book: brown bear
Toddler's fave toy: her Elmo

Something new your toddler has learned/done recently:
She likes to go for walks and smell every flower we pass by,makes forever lol
Recent pic of your toddler (if you share pics):
Attached Images
File Type: jpg image.jpg (183.0 KB, 7 views)

Caffeinated Kat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 11th, 2015, 02:56 PM   #16
Donnagirl

Member #: 9525
Name/nickname: Donna
Toddler's name/nickname: Richard
Toddler's age: He was 2 in Feb

Toddler's fave food: Um all of them I guess cookies
Toddler's fave book: Snuggle Puppy
Toddler's fave toy: Thomas the Train

Something new your toddler has learned/done recently: He recently started counting everything. Except he says 1 2 3 8. Every time.

Donnagirl is offline   Reply With Quote