Welcome to TMP's trying to conceive, pregnancy & parenting forums!
TTC & Pregnancy Tools: Ovulation Calculator | hCG Calculator | Due Date Calculator
The TMP Store

Preconception, Pregnancy, Parenting & You

Go Back   The Mommy Playbook > Parenting & Family Forums > The Toddler Years

Transition to Undies - The Toddler Years

Old January 19th, 2015, 12:17 PM   #1
Shadoe313
My Family is Now Complete

Member #: 13599
Waving Transition to Undies

OK, my son will be 2.5 next month, he is potty trained, BUT only if he's naked, so I can't really say he's potty trained, if he has any bottoms on, undies, pull up, etc... he pees in them and won't go to the potty or say he has to go. This has been going on a full week and a half. Every couple of days I stick a pair of underwear on him and say "Don't pee on Mater, go potty if you have to go" And he will pee in them within 20 minutes, every time. Anyone else experience this? How long did it last? What did you do to get them to wear undies? TIA for your help!

Shadoe313 is offline   Reply With Quote
Please register or login to remove these ads.

Old January 19th, 2015, 12:58 PM   #2
Munko

Member #: 14753
Does it bother him if he wets his underwear?

If it does, I'd just keep changing him til he gets the hang of it. Lots of laundry for a few days. DD went commando for a long time more out of ease but also because she would pee after nap in her panties if she had some on

Munko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 20th, 2015, 10:42 AM   #3
Shadoe313

It doesn't phase him at all, he won't come and tell me he's peed, I have to check him, which I do. When he's in undies, I try to get him to go potty like every 15 minutes and usually after the 1st try of taking him to the potty he'll wet himself before the 2nd time. He gets put in a diaper around his nap time, and then its taken off, but we use cloth so going through one diaper a day is making washing dipes a pain LOL

Old January 21st, 2015, 09:28 PM   #4
Munko

Member #: 14753
What if he went commando for a while? Maybe not having something snug against him like undies would help him still feel naked. Atleast then you could keep pants on him

Munko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 22nd, 2015, 01:22 PM   #5
twobytwo

Member #: 13454
I know my ds is doing the same thing....he doesn't mind to wet his pants/pull up etc....but when he is naked he will mess with his privates until he has to go.... lol

twobytwo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 22nd, 2015, 09:07 PM   #6
Shadoe313

Quote:
Originally Posted by twobytwo View Post
I know my ds is doing the same thing....he doesn't mind to wet his pants/pull up etc....but when he is naked he will mess with his privates until he has to go.... lol
Yes! His hands are constantly down there! just like his father! J/K

Old January 24th, 2015, 01:54 PM   #7
purplepenguin

Member #: 26672
I would say he isn't ready then if it doesn't phase him he went in his underwear and is all wet. When they are ready it just clicks for them. My
Nephew didn't potty train till right before he was 3 and was full on nap/bed and day time trained on his own

purplepenguin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 7th, 2015, 10:43 PM   #8
Shadoe313

Well, like 2 days after my last post on this, he wanted to wear his Cars underwear, and has been potty trained at home completely accident free since then. He is in pull ups if we leave the house, but will ask to go potty, he has a hard time using public toilets, but I'm not concerned! Thanks ladies! I'm sad to be done with my cloth diapers, but glad I don't have to change poopy diapers any more!

Tags
transition, undies