Welcome to TMP's trying to conceive, pregnancy & parenting forums!
TTC & Pregnancy Tools: Ovulation Calculator | hCG Calculator | Due Date Calculator
The TMP Store

Preconception, Pregnancy, Parenting & You

Go Back   The Mommy Playbook > TTC - Trying To Conceive Forums > Trying to Conceive After 30

chances over 30 for been there mamas - Trying to Conceive After 30

Old July 7th, 2014, 12:34 PM   #1
rideswithchrist
beyond blessed

Member #: 8881
chances over 30 for been there mamas

Do the chances of getting pregnant after 30 really drop that much?
I had mine at 24, 27, 29 and we *may* try again now at 31.

With the 1dt, we were pregnant after 2 months, then mc @10 weeks and took 14 months to get pregnant, mc @ 5 weeks, then got pregnant 1st cycle.

#2- pregnant 1st cycle trying
#3 was a surprise so I have no idea

rideswithchrist is offline   Reply With Quote
Please register or login to remove these ads.

Old July 7th, 2014, 12:40 PM   #2
C-bo
TWINS coming this fall!

Member #: 16121
I think you will be just fine at 31! My dr told me 35 is really when things start dropping off, fertility wise.

C-bo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 7th, 2014, 12:47 PM   #3
Altrix
aka 55555

Member #: 17653
(I'm not a BTDT Mama but I just wanted to say that I think it's also much different if you've already had babies, especially within the last 5 years or so, rather than TTC a first pregnancy at over 30)

Altrix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 7th, 2014, 03:23 PM   #4
AmeliaPond

Member #: 13744
Quote:
Originally Posted by Altrix View Post
(I'm not a BTDT Mama but I just wanted to say that I think it's also much different if you've already had babies, especially within the last 5 years or so, rather than TTC a first pregnancy at over 30)
Different how...easier? Harder?

AmeliaPond is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 7th, 2014, 03:29 PM   #5
Shadoe313
My Family is Now Complete

Member #: 13599
I had #1 at 22 (well 10 days before I turned 23), started trying for #2 at 25, it didn't happen until I was 30 (had her right before I turned 31) then #3 surprised us when I was 31 (had him at 32)

Shadoe313 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 7th, 2014, 04:17 PM   #6
rideswithchrist
beyond blessed

Member #: 8881
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadoe313 View Post
I had #1 at 22 (well 10 days before I turned 23), started trying for #2 at 25, it didn't happen until I was 30 (had her right before I turned 31) then #3 surprised us when I was 31 (had him at 32)
That is what I was wondering- since I was so all over the place getting pregnant anyway I am wondering if DH gives the green light to stop "preventing" if we will end up right away, or waiting for a year and then give up.

I just saw something that said from 25+ is when fertility drops, and from 27-30 it is the same or something like that LOL.
Oh well, whatever!

rideswithchrist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 7th, 2014, 06:42 PM   #7
Puppy Spit

Member #: 26109
Quote:
Originally Posted by rideswithchrist View Post
That is what I was wondering- since I was so all over the place getting pregnant anyway I am wondering if DH gives the green light to stop "preventing" if we will end up right away, or waiting for a year and then give up. I just saw something that said from 25+ is when fertility drops, and from 27-30 it is the same or something like that LOL. Oh well, whatever!
As with everything else, it really depends on YOU more than the statistics
I'm currently expecting my 1st and we conceived on the 2nd cycle trying... I was 33 at the time

I was tracking my cycles via temping and ovulation testing because I wanted to help myself without making a big to-do over it (and avoiding getting stressed over the tracking process)

My unsolicited advice: when you two decide to start trying, just have fun with it. Try not to put an expiration date on it. You don't want to create a crappy self-fulfilling prophecy.

We are our most fertile in our early 20's, generally speaking. But we all know people who seem to get pregnant without trying when their partner just LOOKS in their direction, no matter their age
:P

When you do decide to try GOOD LUCK!!!

Puppy Spit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 7th, 2014, 07:01 PM   #8
AmeliaPond

Member #: 13744
I agree that it really depends on the person. Some women have fertility issues in their 30's. And some have fertility issues in their 20's. Just like people of all ages are also VERY fertile with no issues.

AmeliaPond is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
chances, mamas