Welcome to TMP's trying to conceive, pregnancy & parenting forums!
TTC & Pregnancy Tools: Ovulation Calculator | hCG Calculator | Due Date Calculator
The TMP Store

Preconception, Pregnancy, Parenting & You

Go Back   The Mommy Playbook > TTC - Trying To Conceive Forums > Trying to Conceive After 30

Hello Ladies! Sign in Here!! - Trying to Conceive After 30

Old February 12th, 2009, 08:11 AM   #17
Jwalk

Member #: 7593
Name/Screenname: Jwalk

Your age: 30

DH's name and age: Otto, 31

TTC #: #2

TTC start date: Feb 2009

Link to chart: MyChart

Biggest "worry" about being over 30 and TTCing: That it will take a long time. and that I won't bounce back as quickly as my first.

Advice to other over 30 TTCers: none from me, sorry

Any history, diagnosis, or information about TTCing you would like to share: PCOS

Jwalk is offline   Reply With Quote
Please register or login to remove these ads.

Old February 12th, 2009, 02:46 PM   #18
EvansMom

Member #: 7664
Name/Screenname: Kelly/EvansMom

Your age: 33

DH's name and age: 40

TTC #:2

TTC start date: January 2009 (for our second child)

Biggest "worry" about being over 30 and TTCing: I really don't have any worries about being over 30 because our son was born after 3 months of trying. It was the one month we decided we'd just "not try". It worked!! So we're hoping this time goes just as well. I think we may already be pg, but I can't test quite yet. So we'll see.

EvansMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 1st, 2009, 02:10 PM   #19
baby2p3

Member #: 7958
Name/Screenname: Titi/baby2p3

DH's name and age: ALEX and 29

TTC #: 1

TTC start date: feb 2008

Link to chart: not sure what this is

Biggest "worry" about being over 30 and TTCing: all the bad luck that comes with being 30 and kids

Advice to other over 30 TTCers: We'll all get to where we want to be. not to worry

Any history, diagnosis, or information about TTCing you would like to share: we went to find out what's take so long, then found out i have 3 ovarian cyst, polyp and possible endometriosis. surgery in 2 wks.

baby2p3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 1st, 2009, 02:47 PM   #20
CrosbyFan87

Member #: 7937
Name/Screenname: Jamie/CrosbyFan87

Your age: 31

DH's name and age: John, almost 35

TTC start date: First time was for about 3 years starting back in 2000. Just started trying again February 2008.

Link to chart: my chart

Biggest "worry" about being over 30 and TTCing: Having another m/c...had one June last year (2008) and/or having complications.

Advice to other over 30 TTCers: Get as healthy as possible before conceiving. And, if it works this cycle, I'd say go out and buy a fertility monitor and some pre-seed!

Any history, diagnosis, or information about TTCing you would like to share: Had 2 laproscopies for endometriosis and adhesions. The last lap was 5 years ago. No problems since!

CrosbyFan87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 1st, 2009, 02:55 PM   #21
CrosbyFan87

Member #: 7937
Quote:
Originally Posted by baby2p3 View Post
Name/Screenname: Titi/baby2p3

DH's name and age: ALEX and 29

TTC start date: feb 2008

Link to chart: not sure what this is

Biggest "worry" about being over 30 and TTCing: all the bad luck that comes with being 30 and kids

Advice to other over 30 TTCers: We'll all get to where we want to be. not to worry

Any history, diagnosis, or information about TTCing you would like to share: we went to find out what's take so long, then found out i have 3 ovarian cyst, polyp and possible endometriosis. surgery in 2 wks.
Titi:

The link is to post the link to your BBT chart...most people I know, use the Fertility Friend site (www.fertilityfriend.com) to keep track of their waking temps (BBT), CM, BD habits, etc. that helps them keep track of when their ovulating and shows a pattern (if done long enough) to help in conception or not conceiving if using FAM.

CrosbyFan87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 13th, 2009, 06:30 PM   #22
mpod

Member #: 8206
Name/Screenname: Melissa/mpod

Your age: 32 (33 in April)

DH's name and age: Ty 33 (34 in July)

TTC #: 2

TTC start date: August 2008

Link to chart: None

Biggest "worry" about being over 30 and TTCing: Some of my closest friends are getting pregnant with their second and we might want to have a 3rd but age seems to keep creepin' up everyday!

Advice to other over 30 TTCers: Don't do what I do--let it control your thoughts and energy everyday.

Any history, diagnosis, or information about TTCing you would like to share: With our first it happened the first month. I was also 30 lbs lighter and in the best shape of my life. Also, since starting have had strange cycles with a likely early m/c in January 09--haven't had a period since. NOT pg...

mpod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 31st, 2009, 08:12 PM   #23
mtngoddess

Member #: 8491
Name/Screenname: lore/mtngoddess

Your age: 34

his age 27

TTC start date: now!
Link to chart: None

Biggest "worry" about being over 30 and TTCing: i always said i wasn't going to have children even though i am really good with them and know i would make a good mom. now that my friend is going through her first pregnancy all of the silly reasons WHY i wasn't going to seem... well... silly. apart from the normal fears of not being healthy enough etc... i am just concerned it will be extra hard for me to change my ways since i am so much older then most of the parents i know.

Advice to other over 30 TTCers: i don't have any yet- but if i have any thoughts i think will help i promise i'll share!

Any history, diagnosis, or information about TTCing you would like to share: i have been on birth control for a lot of my life. i started at 18 and was on non stop til i was 27. i stopped until i was 33 but started again a year and a few months ago. i just finished my last pack a few weeks ago and am hoping that i am one of the lucky ones whose bodies go back into their cycle easily.

mtngoddess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 6th, 2009, 07:13 PM   #24
Jiffiner

Member #: 8516
Name/Screenname: Jennifer/jiffiner

Your age: 36 :-(

DH's name and age: Erik, age 41 (da**, we're old!)

TTC start date: March 2009

Link to chart: none

Biggest "worry" about being over 30 and TTCing: that it just won't happen, or that it'll take a very long time and I'll lose my sanity before then

Advice to other over 30 TTCers: I'm the one who needs advice. I obsess about TTC and I'm naturally a negative person, so that's a bad combo.

Any history, diagnosis, or information about TTCing you would like to share: stopped the BCP in Feb. 2009 after 16 yrs on it

Jiffiner is offline   Reply With Quote