Welcome to TMP's trying to conceive, pregnancy & parenting forums!
TTC & Pregnancy Tools: Ovulation Calculator | hCG Calculator | Due Date Calculator
The TMP Store

Preconception, Pregnancy, Parenting & You

Go Back   The Mommy Playbook > Parenting & Family Forums > The Toddler Years

Traveling with a Toddler - The Toddler Years

Old December 20th, 2014, 03:55 PM   #17
AmeliaPond

Member #: 13744
Last night we stuck Henry in his travel car seat with his tray to see how it would all fit for our flight....

The tray is a smaller one than what we originally planned to get but I think it's more appropriate for his body size. Could be tricky for coloring though but right now, he's not really into coloring anyway.

I'm trying to think of other things to bring on the plane. Here are some ideas...what do you guys think?....

Small things of Playdoh
Books, many many books (he is obsessed.)
A small photo album like this filled with pictures of him/family.
Color wonder markers/paper
Aquadoodle travel mat
Fisher Price Wheelies since he loves cars.

I figure we'll give him a couple new things for each flight. And maybe a few new things for while we're in the hotel room.

What do you guys think of that list? Any other ideas? Some of those are iffy for him since he's not really into coloring at this point.

We will also have my husband's small tablet and toddler headphones for Henry. Though right now, he's not super into t.v. or movies or anything.

Last edited by AmeliaPond; December 20th, 2014 at 03:57 PM..
AmeliaPond is offline   Reply With Quote
Please register or login to remove these ads.

Old December 21st, 2014, 02:12 AM   #18
alliec

Member #: 19254
He looks adorable and pretty comfy

I think what you've listed should be plenty. Your fights are pretty short so you won't need a ton. The only things I'd add are snacks that he likes and maybe a couple new snacks for treats.

We did two international flights with our Oct '13 baby last month - one 15 hr and one 12 hr. He spent the majority of the flights eating, napping or playing with the cheesecloth type things that cover the head of the seats. He collected about six by the end of each flight; they were great for peekaboo, crumpling and squeezing, and hiding down the cracks of the seat.

Also, I remember that you were concerned about diaper changes. I quickly wiped down the counter and stood him on the toilet lid. He was occupied by the mirror and the soap dispenser and he was changed in seconds. Quick wipe down of his hands and we were done!

alliec is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 21st, 2014, 10:32 AM   #19
AmeliaPond

Well, I've never changed him standing up since he's still not all that steady. Thankfully we are on Southwest for all flights now (after changing some things) and I think all of their planes have changing tables.

I don't suspect he will sleep on the flights since he'll be so upright in the chair and he's never really been a nap-in-the-car-seat kind of kid.

We will definitely have snacks for him. I am really worried about his ears. We have a 3 hour flight and then a 1.5 hour flight after our layover. Three hours is kind of a long time for Henry. He's one of those kids that doesn't typically like the same activity for more than 10 minutes. So it could be tricky keeping him occupied for the longer of our flights.

Last edited by AmeliaPond; December 21st, 2014 at 10:35 AM..
Old December 24th, 2014, 03:00 PM   #20
AmeliaPond

Anyone ever used one of these? I haven't seen one in person. Not sure how it would go on the plane with one.

http://www.leapfrog.com/en-us/store/.../_/A-prod22611

Tags
toddler, traveling