Welcome to TMP's trying to conceive, pregnancy & parenting forums!
TTC & Pregnancy Tools: Ovulation Calculator | hCG Calculator | Due Date Calculator
The TMP Store

Preconception, Pregnancy, Parenting & You

Go Back   The Mommy Playbook > TTC - Trying To Conceive Forums > Trying to Conceive After 30

TTC since 2006 - Trying to Conceive After 30

Old July 29th, 2013, 09:34 AM   #9
tessaglp

Member #: 24475
Quote:
Originally Posted by ajhouse View Post
I hate the roller coaster that ttc puts us through. We have been ttc #1 since 2007, and there are times I feel like giving up but I don't know that I could ever really let go of it in my heart.
I really hope that something turns around for you soon.
thank you so much

I'm sorry to hear you have had such a struggle too.

I'm going to stomp my foot a minute and throw a fit. It's just not fair!!! There are people with no business having children having babies left and right.

And where are we? Stuck in the endless loop of TTC.

I really do hope you get your BFP and baby soon.

tessaglp is offline   Reply With Quote
Please register or login to remove these ads.

Old July 31st, 2013, 04:00 PM   #10
PumpkinZ

Member #: 24621
It is a very sucky roller coaster! I am sorry you are having such a hard time. We have been trying for 4 years for baby #2. I feel often that we should give up, but as soon as I think it I can't stand that thought so I come up with maybe different things we can try for the next cycle. I wish you lots of luck!

PumpkinZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 31st, 2013, 09:22 PM   #11
Zoe Ly

Member #: 24606
PumpkinZ I know that feeling... when you're about to give up, then you can't stand the idea of not trying one more time... Im also trying for baby #2.. I never though it could be that hard !!! and overwhelming !

Zoe Ly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 1st, 2013, 03:42 PM   #12
PumpkinZ

Member #: 24621
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zoe Ly View Post
PumpkinZ I know that feeling... when you're about to give up, then you can't stand the idea of not trying one more time... Im also trying for baby #2.. I never though it could be that hard !!! and overwhelming !
I never thought it would be this hard either. I hope you get your baby #2 soon!

PumpkinZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 1st, 2013, 03:54 PM   #13
ImFunSize
Hoping for a miracle ♥

Member #: 4828
I know TTC for this long is draining. DH and I have been trying for our forever baby since Jan 06 as well. I'll be 30 in 21 days and he's 31. Luckily he's been active duty the whole time, so we have had pretty good coverage and know what our problem is... there just isn't an easy fix for it that the military ins DOES cover, we'd still be out around $15k for honestly not muuuch better odds than we have trying on our own. My brother and his wife have been trying for even longer... since sometime in 2002, and she's 34 and he's 42. Strangely, it's two completely unrelated problems that my brother and I are going through. For each of us, our spouse is actually the carriers. They honestly can't tell them why during all this time she's never been pg one single time.... they are at the give up point sadly I wish I had some wisdom to offer you, other than, I've been there... I'm here to talk if you need to

ImFunSize is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 4th, 2013, 09:33 PM   #14
Zoe Ly

Member #: 24606
Quote:
Originally Posted by PumpkinZ View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zoe Ly View Post
I never thought it would be this hard either. I hope you get your baby #2 soon!
Hope you get your baby soon !!!!! having the courage of being able to try and try make us strong and resilient !!!!!!! it is super hard but worthwhile

Zoe Ly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 19th, 2013, 05:55 PM   #15
star light

Member #: 25245
tessaglp, I know exactly what you mean about the Affordable Care Act- as the wife of someone who has had arterial blockages & clots, and cancer, I thank god for Obamacare. We would be so out of luck without it. hugs to you & hoping that you stay cancer free!

Do you live near a big city? The reason that I ask is that a lot of teaching hospitals do study programs, and some are working on fertility. Now, I don't know that I would jump at the chance of testing a new med or anything (that could be scary), but you never know. Our current insurance doesn't cover anything in terms of fertility treatments, and my ob/gyn/midwife suggested that if we have to go further than we can afford, this might be an option (we live in a large city with many hospitals & several are affiliated with Universities & do this type of thing).
It might be worth researching?
Good luck & baby dust.
Don't give up!!

star light is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 22nd, 2013, 06:40 PM   #16
AndyandAndy

Member #: 25815
I too have been trying since 2006! DH and I just started a round of femara and bravelle and I triggered on Friday ...so I'm in the TWW..baby dust to you!!!

AndyandAndy is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags