Welcome to TMP's trying to conceive, pregnancy & parenting forums!
TTC & Pregnancy Tools: Ovulation Calculator | hCG Calculator | Due Date Calculator
The TMP Store

Preconception, Pregnancy, Parenting & You

Go Back   The Mommy Playbook > Parenting & Family Forums > TMP's Special Kids

Who's Who? - TMP's Special Kids

Old March 24th, 2009, 11:23 PM   #9
OrangeblossomB

Member #: 4428
I'm Cheryl.

My son, Jeffrey, is 9, and may have ADHD. Or not. But I think that's the Dx we're going to end up with. I'm just waiting on a second opinion.

My daughter, Angel, is 2 and has a speech delay for reasons unknown. She's in speech therapy and making progress, and will be transitioning into the public school system for ESE services when she turns 3 in July. I'm nervous about it.

My other son, Christopher, is about 11 weeks old, and thus far has no issues.

OrangeblossomB is offline   Reply With Quote
Please register or login to remove these ads.

Old March 25th, 2009, 01:33 PM   #10
cartuin

Member #: 3836
My name is Hilda. I have three children that are listed in my signature ~ Brandon, Logan and Alana. Our son Brandon has global development delay with dyspraxia. He is currently getting OT and SLP but there are major wait lists where I live.

He is registered for kindergarten this fall because the cut off date where I live is December 31st. I would prefer to hold him back a year but come August he is released from the child development centre and put into the care of the Ministry of Education. To continue his help he needs to go to school. So off he goes ~ my first one in school. sigh

cartuin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 25th, 2009, 03:57 PM   #11
White Star
Rockin with the TMP girl

Member #: 130
I'm Shay. My son Ethan [2.5] has Severe GERD, allergies, eczema, asthma and possible Sensory processing disorder. He's delayed in speech and motor skills. We live in IL and E will be a big brother shortly before he turns 3. Right now he's getting speech and occupational therapy through Early Intervention and hopefully he'll transfer to a Pre-School setting.

White Star is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 25th, 2009, 04:41 PM   #12
mamajen

Member #: 8401
hello my name is Jen..i have 2 boys..Nate is 3 1/2 and is tentative adhd and Caden is 1 1/2 and has gerd/motility problems, sensory processing, fine/gros motor and speech issues..hes recieving developmental and occupational therapy and we are waiting on a physical therapy consult now

mamajen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 30th, 2009, 07:51 PM   #13
I62

Member #: 2314
I'm Holly, and I finally decided to join this group.
My 6 month old Israel was born with an omphalocele (intestines/liver outside the abdomen) and also a kidney defect (dual collecting system and hydronephrosis). He was born at 40 weeks with a low birth weight (5 lbs. 2 oz) but surprisingly strong.
Surgery repaired all of his abdominal defect but for his kidney we give him medicine every day and he will probably need surgery in a couple of years to fix it.
We've struggled with feeding issue after feeding issue. His weight gain has been great, praise God, but I think he'll always just be a small kid.

He's my lovey and I wouldn't change him.

I62 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 31st, 2009, 12:49 PM   #14
Purplescraps
*Gone to my happy place*

Member #: 1224
Welcome to the group!

We have a blinkie now (sticky) please upload it to your own computer, thank you!

Purplescraps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 2nd, 2009, 06:40 AM   #15
Shannon

Hi I'm Shannon, I have one daughter who is 5 her name is Loralei. She hasn't been diagnosed as Drs don't like dx kids her age with bipolar but her Dr is leaning toward that. He has given her meds to help control her moods and it's working so far.

Shannon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 10th, 2009, 08:04 PM   #16
Purplescraps
*Gone to my happy place*

Member #: 1224
Welcome to the group. Come in and join us.
Ask questions or just come and post. Happy to have you!

Purplescraps is offline   Reply With Quote