Welcome to TMP's trying to conceive, pregnancy & parenting forums!
TTC & Pregnancy Tools: Ovulation Calculator | hCG Calculator | Due Date Calculator
The TMP Store

Preconception, Pregnancy, Parenting & You

Hi moms & moms to be! mom message board Welcome to The Mommy Playbook message board - a ttc, pregnancy and parenting forum.

We've enjoyed nine wonderful years together and sadly are having to announce that the TMP forums are closing. All the threads, posts and pictures will remain. Hopefully some of the conversations out here will help you on your journey whether it's into parenthood or in the midst of the madness. ;)

Go Back   The Mommy Playbook > 2014 Playgroups > April 2014 Play Group

Just gotta vent - April 2014 Play Group

Old September 4th, 2014, 11:50 PM   #1
patiently_waitin

Member #: 23877
Just gotta vent

Haven't been on here in a while just so easy to get on Facebook but I can't vent about my MIL on Facebook because I might accidentally mess up and make it my status or something..... But y'all she is driving me crazy!!!!! I take pictures of Blakelyn everywhere we go, I mean what mother don't, and she wants me to make a disc of EVERY picture I have take of her NO I am not going to those are our pictures not hers and if I want to share them then I will print them out and give some to her!! She always wants me to pack ALL of Blakelyns things up and bring her to their house when she does nothing all day long!!! She always asking when the last time Blakelyn seen my momma was and when she will see her again like it's some come petition??? Then I stop by there the other night and my FIL was holding B and he was asking her what her first word was gonna be and you know she had the nerve to say "mawmaw"????? She telling Blakelyn she had such pretty eyes and I was saying well that was the only thing she got from me and she said no that she got her blue eyes from her mawmaw and a nasty attitude from her mommy!!!! Ugh!!!! Y'all she for real makes me want to go get fixed and not have any more!!!! You would think after what B and I went through, both of us almost dying, she wouldn't act that way!!!! Like I am gonna have to go get put on some good meds so I don't go crazy!!!!!! DH is gonna have to talk to her!!!

patiently_waitin is offline   Reply With Quote
Please register or login to remove these ads.

Old September 5th, 2014, 10:44 AM   #2
My2rainbowgirls

Member #: 24740
Wow...I can't even believe that. That is absolutely disgusting. If your dh doesn't say anything, you really need to stand up to that beast of a woman and defend yourself! I mean, that's what I would do and not wait for dh. But, I'm a b**** like that. She'll continue to talk to you like that and disrespect you because she knows she can get away with it. She knows that you won't say anything back. Stand your ground. YOU hold the power of that woman getting to see her granddaughter and she needs to realize that. I can't even count how many times I've told off my fil and confronted my mil on their bull**** and now they wouldn't dare cross me.

My dh knows how I am and he would honestly rather me stand up for myself than get too involved. But, he always has my side and has told his mother off plenty of times though. My advice, next time she mouths off, let her have it and shut her up. Hold her granddaughter over her head. My fil would always start fights with his sons whenever we would go visit because he's a miserable old man. The one holiday he did it and I flipped out. Gia was still a baby and I was like, "you want to act like an animal towards your sons than you better do it on your own time or I just won't bring my daughter here anymore"
Well, he's verrrry cautious with what he says now lol

My2rainbowgirls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 7th, 2014, 09:39 PM   #3
Erin986
Double Trouble on the way

Member #: 8826
What a hateful woman! You've got to put your foot down. She has to respect you and your wishes or she doesn't get to see B.

Erin986 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 9th, 2014, 01:27 AM   #4
patiently_waitin

Member #: 23877
Thanks ladies!!!! She has made a couple of remarks to me the last couple of times I have seen her and I threw them right back in her face!!! But DH and I will be having a come to Jesus meeting when he comes home Thursday about all this because it is def fixing to come to a end for good or she won't see B at all while he is gone!!!! She don't say those things in front of him!!!

patiently_waitin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 30th, 2014, 09:31 PM   #5
Liz M
One day at a time...

Member #: 10538
Omg how bat **** crazy! I'm sorry. How did things go with the talk or did it happen?

Liz M is offline   Reply With Quote