Welcome to TMP's trying to conceive, pregnancy & parenting forums!
TTC & Pregnancy Tools: Ovulation Calculator | hCG Calculator | Due Date Calculator
The TMP Store

Preconception, Pregnancy, Parenting & You

Go Back   The Mommy Playbook > Pregnancy Forums > Labor & Birth > Birth Stories

Gibson's Birth Story - Birth Stories

Old August 29th, 2012, 07:05 AM   #1
Jessie Rose

Member #: 13778
Gibson's Birth Story

My labor was one that I've gotten a lot of envy for from a lot of people, especially with being a first time mom. I had a lot of false labor the week before (contractions 7 minutes apart for 24 hours straight then just stopping) and I was exactly 2 weeks early. I woke up at 3AM, and just couldnt sleep, I was just wide awake....but eventually I did manage to fall asleep again. I woke up at 530 to go to bathroom (suprised I made it that long!!) and when I climbed back into bed, I was having a lot of backpain and couldn't get comfortable....but backpain was normal, I have a lot of back problems, I do a lot of at waist bending in my field of work, and baby was sitting in a bad way anyways. So I just got up and went to sleep in our chair...At 615AM I had a pretty strong contraction....and my stomach was kinda icky and I was in the bathroom every 10 minutes....The contractions were 10 minutes apart and my husband got up at 7 to leave to teach his motorcycle class..

He looked at me and asked "are you feeling ok?" and I told him "no....you probaby should keep your phone close by" when he left they were 7-8 minutes apart....but like I said, I had false labor before, and Jamie didnt have anyone else to teach that day but he was going to start calling around when he got there just in case... He left and I took a long hot shower, my contractions were still 7-8 minutes but they were strong, and all in my back.

At 11AM he texted asking how I was doing....I told him I was 5-6 minutes apart, contractions were stronger, and I was going to call L&D and see what they said... But when I called them they said because I was 2 weeks early still, to wait until I was under 5 minutes apart and to try taking a hot bath...Well I tried the bath and only one contraction and I was out of it, I couldn't get comfortable there AT ALL.

Jamie called at 12 saying he had found a instructor, and that he was going to stay and help set up for the afternoon and to call if I needed him...I was still 5-6 apart and said Ok.... and at 1215 they started being 3 minutes apart....I called him and said he better get home NOW....he said he'd be home in 30 minutes....well that was a LONG 30 minutes...and I was still 3 minutes apart...but on the ride to the hospital they started being every 2...and I was admitted at 115.

Well being my first pregnancy we figured it would still be a bit, so Jamie left our bags and camera in the car and was going to get them after they admitted me....the Dr came in to check my cervix at 130, and gave a look...then said "let me check that again in case I missed your cervix.." and then said "you aren't going to believe this....but we're going to break your water and we're going to start pushing!!!" I was told shortly after that had my water broke beforehand....my husband would have been the police officer delivering his own baby....
I wanted an all natural delivery and i got that!! Not by choice in the end, because at 239 Gibson was here....it was a pretty short labor!! And being 2 weeks early he was 7lbs 3 oz and 20 inches long and very healthy!!

Jessie Rose is offline   Reply With Quote
Please register or login to remove these ads.

Old February 2nd, 2013, 12:46 PM   #2
hannah12

Member #: 20540
Omg I want this labour!!!!! Lol

hannah12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 10th, 2013, 04:14 PM   #3
Ellie092

Member #: 22317
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jessie Rose
My labor was one that I've gotten a lot of envy for from a lot of people, especially with being a first time mom. I had a lot of false labor the week before (contractions 7 minutes apart for 24 hours straight then just stopping) and I was exactly 2 weeks early. I woke up at 3AM, and just couldnt sleep, I was just wide awake....but eventually I did manage to fall asleep again. I woke up at 530 to go to bathroom (suprised I made it that long!!) and when I climbed back into bed, I was having a lot of backpain and couldn't get comfortable....but backpain was normal, I have a lot of back problems, I do a lot of at waist bending in my field of work, and baby was sitting in a bad way anyways. So I just got up and went to sleep in our chair...At 615AM I had a pretty strong contraction....and my stomach was kinda icky and I was in the bathroom every 10 minutes....The contractions were 10 minutes apart and my husband got up at 7 to leave to teach his motorcycle class..

He looked at me and asked "are you feeling ok?" and I told him "no....you probaby should keep your phone close by" when he left they were 7-8 minutes apart....but like I said, I had false labor before, and Jamie didnt have anyone else to teach that day but he was going to start calling around when he got there just in case... He left and I took a long hot shower, my contractions were still 7-8 minutes but they were strong, and all in my back.

At 11AM he texted asking how I was doing....I told him I was 5-6 minutes apart, contractions were stronger, and I was going to call L&D and see what they said... But when I called them they said because I was 2 weeks early still, to wait until I was under 5 minutes apart and to try taking a hot bath...Well I tried the bath and only one contraction and I was out of it, I couldn't get comfortable there AT ALL.

Jamie called at 12 saying he had found a instructor, and that he was going to stay and help set up for the afternoon and to call if I needed him...I was still 5-6 apart and said Ok.... and at 1215 they started being 3 minutes apart....I called him and said he better get home NOW....he said he'd be home in 30 minutes....well that was a LONG 30 minutes...and I was still 3 minutes apart...but on the ride to the hospital they started being every 2...and I was admitted at 115.

Well being my first pregnancy we figured it would still be a bit, so Jamie left our bags and camera in the car and was going to get them after they admitted me....the Dr came in to check my cervix at 130, and gave a look...then said "let me check that again in case I missed your cervix.." and then said "you aren't going to believe this....but we're going to break your water and we're going to start pushing!!!" I was told shortly after that had my water broke beforehand....my husband would have been the police officer delivering his own baby....
I wanted an all natural delivery and i got that!! Not by choice in the end, because at 239 Gibson was here....it was a pretty short labor!! And being 2 weeks early he was 7lbs 3 oz and 20 inches long and very healthy!!
I had an awful labour with my daughter, went for a monitoring on Saturday 18th aug 2012 and when they looked at the paper they was not happy with her heart beat, it was on the low side and said they would take me for an Emergancy c section if she doesn't pick up in 30 minutes that was it I was in full blown tears my mum phoned my partner explaining what was going on and he was at the hospital within 15 minutes he lives a good 40 mins away so he flew down... Thank god she picked up but they wanted to induce me there and then so induced me that night and said it could take up too two days before anything so I had to stay in hospital everyone went home the next morning had awful pains then they stopped for few hours and then came back stronger then went away again by the Monday I was in agony but was not progressing at all so they said I may need to go on the drip to make me contract... So by Monday I went to get in shower mother was in the room with me as I didn't want to be alone and my waters broke they just told me to take the shower so I did and then I waited ages for them to check me so Monday night she remembered about me checked me said my front waters went, so Tuesday came I was fed up hungry tired and contracting but not progressing waited from Saturday to Tuesday when they decided to take me down to D&L where I was put on drip this was 5pm my contractions hit me hard at 7pm and I was contracting one after the other in sheer agony by 10 she checked me didn't even dilate to 1cm was not progressing at all so they said the would give me four more hour if I haven't made any progress I will be took down for an Emergancy c section and I thought not again!!! So 2am came and nothing so she went and spoke to doctor he came in had a check and said he could stretch my cervix open to 3cm and pop my waters I was fed up and was like ok!!! Omg the worst pain ever!! He stretched my cervix from nothing to 3cm so he said if I have made no progress in 2 hours he will take me down thankfully I started too but u only dilated too 4cm so he said he will let me go on... They told my partner and mother to go home for a couple hours and rest and too let me rest if they wanted too so they did and I went too sleep 30 minutes later I woke up with pressure in my lady parts I'm sure you know what I mean when I say pressure.. And I asked her what and why and she said must be baby moving down and I said no there's an awful lot of pressure like a ball right at the top of my lady bits so she checked me and went you better ring your partner and mother you've gone from 4cm to 9cm in 30 minutes and I can feel your baby's head I was like what?!? You just sent them home so I rang he had only just got through the door luckily they got there just in time and I started pushing 10 minutes after!!
Had her 22nd aug 2012 at 12:12pm and was in from Saturday had her Wednesday and went home Thursday afternoon! What a week I had! I was 2 weeks early as well and she weighed 6.13

Ellie092 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 20th, 2013, 06:19 AM   #4
Ellie092

Member #: 22317
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ellie092

I had an awful labour with my daughter, went for a monitoring on Saturday 18th aug 2012 and when they looked at the paper they was not happy with her heart beat, it was on the low side and said they would take me for an Emergancy c section if she doesn't pick up in 30 minutes that was it I was in full blown tears my mum phoned my partner explaining what was going on and he was at the hospital within 15 minutes he lives a good 40 mins away so he flew down... Thank god she picked up but they wanted to induce me there and then so induced me that night and said it could take up too two days before anything so I had to stay in hospital everyone went home the next morning had awful pains then they stopped for few hours and then came back stronger then went away again by the Monday I was in agony but was not progressing at all so they said I may need to go on the drip to make me contract... So by Monday I went to get in shower mother was in the room with me as I didn't want to be alone and my waters broke they just told me to take the shower so I did and then I waited ages for them to check me so Monday night she remembered about me checked me said my front waters went, so Tuesday came I was fed up hungry tired and contracting but not progressing waited from Saturday to Tuesday when they decided to take me down to D&L where I was put on drip this was 5pm my contractions hit me hard at 7pm and I was contracting one after the other in sheer agony by 10 she checked me didn't even dilate to 1cm was not progressing at all so they said the would give me four more hour if I haven't made any progress I will be took down for an Emergancy c section and I thought not again!!! So 2am came and nothing so she went and spoke to doctor he came in had a check and said he could stretch my cervix open to 3cm and pop my waters I was fed up and was like ok!!! Omg the worst pain ever!! He stretched my cervix from nothing to 3cm so he said if I have made no progress in 2 hours he will take me down thankfully I started too but u only dilated too 4cm so he said he will let me go on... They told my partner and mother to go home for a couple hours and rest and too let me rest if they wanted too so they did and I went too sleep 30 minutes later I woke up with pressure in my lady parts I'm sure you know what I mean when I say pressure.. And I asked her what and why and she said must be baby moving down and I said no there's an awful lot of pressure like a ball right at the top of my lady bits so she checked me and went you better ring your partner and mother you've gone from 4cm to 9cm in 30 minutes and I can feel your baby's head I was like what?!? You just sent them home so I rang he had only just got through the door luckily they got there just in time and I started pushing 10 minutes after!!
Had her 22nd aug 2012 at 12:12pm and was in from Saturday had her Wednesday and went home Thursday afternoon! What a week I had! I was 2 weeks early as well and she weighed 6.13

Ellie092 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
birth, gibson's, story