Welcome to TMP's trying to conceive, pregnancy & parenting forums!
TTC & Pregnancy Tools: Ovulation Calculator | hCG Calculator | Due Date Calculator
The TMP Store

Preconception, Pregnancy, Parenting & You

Go Back   The Mommy Playbook > 2008 - 2012 Playgroups > 2012 Playgroups > July 2012 Playgroup

Baby in or out? - July 2012 Playgroup

Old December 13th, 2012, 07:43 PM   #1
misslisa

Member #: 11227
Question Baby in or out?

So, Grayson has been in our bedroom since he was born. He has been "side car-ed" to our bed for a few months now and I LOVE that he is right there. Many times we (Grayson and I) fall asleep holding hands, it helps comfort him and lets reassures him that I am near. However, Grayson is a VERY light sleeper! VERY!!! He wakes up when we get in to bed, shift, open the bedroom door, etc. Needless to say, no deed has been done, which honestly is perfectly fine with me. SO not in the mood. But, because of Grayson's light sleeping, he doesn't sleep much and nor do we. DH suggested moving him into his own room. I about cried. I am REALLY not ready to. I suggested simply moving Grayson further from our bed, which will still be hard for me (come on!!! We hold hands throughout the night and its much MUCH easier to nurse him when he is right there!) Now I don't know what to do? Who is it better for if we move him? ADVISE LADIES!!!

misslisa is offline   Reply With Quote
Please register or login to remove these ads.

Old December 13th, 2012, 08:18 PM   #2
Killeen_Princess
Loving my Little Turkey

Member #: 14054
I really wish I had some advice. Dominick spent the first month in his crib then we moved and he has stayed in our room since and I am still trying to figure out how to move him back

Killeen_Princess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 13th, 2012, 09:02 PM   #3
AmyMama
Mommy

Member #: 9133
Lisa,
First, I want to say, I know EXACTLY how you feel.
But having been there done that, I think you will find that if you bite the bullet and move him to his own room, it will be heartbreaking the first few nights.. a little sad the first week or so .. and then you will get used to it and all of you will be SO MUCH HAPPIER!

I kept Levi beside my bed for four months.. much longer than I intended to, simply for the same reasons you stated. It was easy to nurse that way, I could reach out and touch him or stick his passy right back in. But at the same time, I also could not hardly get in bed or roll over without waking him (he is a light sleeper too). DH and I also missed just hanging out in our bed and watching TV on weekends like we used to. The first couple nights after I moved him to his room, I was a nervous wreck and I just felt devastated. I helped ease the transition by bringing him back to our bed halfway through the night for a few nights. I was pretty sad for a week, but now he has been in his room for a little over a month.. we are both used to it. He seems to be sleeping better, and me too. I have my video monitor of course, so I can still watch him whenever I need to at night. I thought it would suck having to get up and rock him in the rocking chair in his room (vs. side nursing in bed) but it's really not that bad.

So I guess I don't really have any suggestions other than, if it's something you feel is the right thing to do, there really isn't much you can do other than do it. I started to feel like if I didn't do it soon, it was just going to get harder and harder for both of us.

AmyMama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 14th, 2012, 02:01 PM   #4
s.rose
can't wait till January!

Member #: 13046
no suggestions here, I think what Amy said is good advice. Ripley has mostly been in her own room, in her own crib since about 8 weeks. none of us were getting sleep with her in our room. she definitely sleeps way better in her own crib, with her own space, and nothing but the sound of the white noise machine going in there. I loooooove sleeping in my bed again, when I actually get sleep!

s.rose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 14th, 2012, 02:09 PM   #5
AJH1544
My DH's #1 Fan

Member #: 16785
I think moving the crib further away is a good idea to help you! Thats what i plan to do when sophie doesnt need swaddled anymore.

Otherwise, i have no advice. Sophie sleeps super well and our tv is out in the loft area of the upstairs so dh and i can watch movies on the couch with her just a few yards away. Besides that, sophie will likely be in our room til she is three or four at this point lol....

AJH1544 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 18th, 2012, 09:07 AM   #6
misslisa

Member #: 11227
I haven't moved him yet! AUGH! I really appreciate the advice and will TRY REALLY HARD to move him this weekend...

misslisa is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
baby, out?