Welcome to TMP's trying to conceive, pregnancy & parenting forums!
TTC & Pregnancy Tools: Ovulation Calculator | hCG Calculator | Due Date Calculator
The TMP Store

Preconception, Pregnancy, Parenting & You

Go Back   The Mommy Playbook > TTC - Trying To Conceive Forums > Trying To Conceive

TTC AlltheBees! style - Trying To Conceive

Old February 23rd, 2015, 06:43 AM   #49
AlltheBees!

Member #: 25609
I feel terrible for disappearing again! Thanks for all of the input :-) I've had several consultant dieticians over the last decade the problem we always come up against is that the best lifestyle changes to aid with my PCOS (low GI diet) triggers my IBS. It's such a balancing act with my health. I have read a lot of books over the winter about PCOS, and have been slowly reducing my dairy intake (last week of having milk, ice cream and cheese this week - you'll probably hear me crying from here haha!) to see if that has any benefit. I haven't had a chocolate bar for almost 2 months!

Today is CD9, off the back of a 77 day cycle, which for me isn't too bad. My period tracker was almost spot on with the prediction, so I will be following its suggestion of ovulation + a few days on either side of it. I am also going to order a thermometer and chart on payday.

AlltheBees! is offline   Reply With Quote
Please register or login to remove these ads.

Old February 23rd, 2015, 04:19 PM   #50
Mum2three

Member #: 26524
Best of luck to you! That is a lot to deal with physically! I hpe you get BFP soon!

Mum2three is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 25th, 2015, 03:47 PM   #51
twobytwo

Member #: 13454
welcome...I like the name

twobytwo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 28th, 2015, 10:01 AM   #52
AlltheBees!

Thanks both. I am really hopeful for this year! :-)

Old March 2nd, 2015, 10:37 AM   #53
Mum2three

Member #: 26524
How's everything going? CD15, right?

Mum2three is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 4th, 2015, 10:28 AM   #54
AlltheBees!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mum2three View Post
How's everything going? CD15, right?
Hi, I had another super long cycle followed by my second 30-something day cycle in 5 years! I have lost 30 lbs since I last posted, and am hoping to lose more, as it is having a good effect on my cycles.

I'm on CD6 now, and we've decided that we're NTNP, and focussing on improving my health and seeing if I can continue to lose weight.

Old June 14th, 2015, 12:17 AM   #55
foxfaery

Member #: 29285
May I recommend something that has worked for me concerning weight? I just want to throw this out there in case it helps you!

I went vegan several months ago, because I watched a bunch of videos about factory farms and animal agriculture, and it bothered me so much I couldn't even think about eating meat or dairy again! When I was researching plant-based eating I came across the high-carb low-fat diet, and I looked at the studies that backed it up. I was convinced, so I gave it a try.

I'm so glad I did! Basically, just stick to whole plant foods. This means stuff like grains, vegetables, fruits, and a few nuts. Try to eat as little fat as possible, and only from unprocessed sources (no olive oil! it's pure saturated fat.) Look up HCLF veganism, maybe it will appeal to you? My weight is now perfectly in the healthy range, my cholesterol is normal, and everything is really stable. Just make sure you eat enough, especially things like root vegetables and grains. Youtube Dr. Mcdougall. His wife has had several healthy pregnancies, and their vegan children have gone on to have the same outcomes. You DON'T have to starve yourself. Just eat these healthy foods until you're satisfied, and the weight *will* come off slowly but surely. It's not a fad diet, it's something you really need to commit to. But it's so completely worth it. It's nearly impossible to remain overweight eating things like rice and veggies and fruit!

I had cravings for fast food about two weeks, and they went away never to return. :]

I really hope you can get more and more regular cycles! And I hope I don't sound like an infomercial. Good luck!!

foxfaery is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
allthebees!, style