Welcome to TMP's trying to conceive, pregnancy & parenting forums!
TTC & Pregnancy Tools: Ovulation Calculator | hCG Calculator | Due Date Calculator
The TMP Store

Preconception, Pregnancy, Parenting & You

Go Back   The Mommy Playbook > 2014 Playgroups > April 2014 Play Group > Birth Stories

Valentina Rose - Birth Stories

Thread Tools Display Modes
Old April 24th, 2014, 06:09 AM   #1

My2rainbowgirls's Avatar

Member #: 24740
Join Date: Aug 2013
Posts: 1,466
Valentina Rose

Birth Story!!
It's a long one

Well, I woke up with some contractions at around 4am on the 22nd. They were 8-10 minutes apart, weren't too bad and were lasting about 40-45 seconds. At about 11am, the contractions started to slow down. The were less frequent and less painful but still lasting about 40 seconds. Needless to say, I was getting pretty disappointed.

I took Gia for a walk to see if I could get them going again. The walk did nothing but make my body hurt so bad, I almost called steve to come pick us up from our walk. I stuck through it and made it home though. Steve took us girls out to lunch once we got home at about 2:30 and I ordered a dz hot wings. I NEVER eat anything with any spice to it so I figured it was worth a shot. No later than 15 minutes after eating, my contractions started up again.

We went home and I put Gia down for her nap and tried to take a nap myself. (around 3:30pm) Well, I couldn't nap because every time I would doze off, I was woken up by a contraction. They started coming every 8-10 minutes, lasting 45-50 seconds long. So at about 5:50, I called Steve to come home because my contractions were coming every 5-8 min and were 40-1:30 long. They were getting really intense at this point. Then they started coming every 1:30-8 minutes apart. Just really random contractions.

He came home around 6, got Gia up from her nap and had his mom bring dinner over since she was going to be staying with Gia anyway. At around 7pm, my contractions started slowing down again. Steve and I went for a walk to see if I could get them to steady up. Halfway through our walk, my contractions were getting reeeeally intense and taking my breath away.

We got home, I did some dishes and got our bags lined up and ready to head out. So then we waited...and waited....AND WAITED. I started to lose hope because they were slowing down in frequency but were getting more intense. I decided to wait until I couldnt take the pain anymore before we left for the hospital to avoid being hooked up to monitors. We put Gia down for bed at 10pm and my body went into overdrive after that. It was like my body was holding off to say goodnight to her.

The pain was crippling, they were still only lasting about 40-55 sec and coming every 1:30-8 min apart. I kept feeling like I needed to go to the bathroom so we rushed to the hospital at that point and the half hr ride was torturous. I call the on call dr while we were on the way there and tell him what's going on (how often and long the contractions were) and he sounded hesitant about sending me in.

Here's the fun part...

We get to the hospital after 11 at some point, they get me up to labor and delivery and the resident on duty comes in to check me. I was 6cm at that point and in active labor so they admit me.

She really pissed me off because she asked if I was having another c/s and when I told her no and that I wanted a drug free birth she almost laughed at me. Then she was like, "were you counseled on the risks of a vbac throughout you're pregnancy?" I was like, "yeah and my dr approved of my vbac because there's no reason why I can't deliver vaginally." So then she questioned why I had a c/s with Gia and why my dr didn't try the vacuum or forceps to get her out. But, my dr could never give me a definitive reason why Gia couldn't get past my pelvic bone but it was the safest option to do a c/s to get her out.

After she pretty much rolled her eyes at me and walked out, they finally get me into a room after midnight. My contractions were coming every 1-3 min and lasting about a min. The nurse told me the dr wouldn't be in again until 1:30am to check me. At about 12:50 I couldn't take it anymore and told the nurse that I really felt like I needed to push. She called the resident and I could hear her ask the nurse how I was taking the contractions and the nurse kind of mumbled something.

She hung up and said the dr would be in shortly. 10 minutes go by and the dr still didn't come in so I told the nurse that I really needed to push. She called the dr again and was like, "you need to come check her now because she really wants to push" so the dr came and seemed pretty pissed that I had her come in before 1:30 and was like taking her time getting ready to check me. So I yelled and told her that she need to hurry up because I needed to push.

She comes over and as she went to check me, my water broke and she was like, "you're complete! You can start pushing on the next contraction!" So I start to push and she tells me to stop because they didn't have the baby's cart ready. It was all really intense after that. The put me on oxygen because the baby's headrests started to drop a little.

After 20 minutes, she came out and I was felt like I was dreaming. I was so delusional from lack of sleep, pain, labor that I couldn't really hear the drs talking to me haha The on call dr didn't even make it in before she was born. While the were cleaning Valentina off, the drs were telling me how great I did and the on call dr was like, "I'm really shocked right now. You really surprised me. I really thought you were going to be the problem child of the night, given the history with your last. I never thought you would be the first to delivery tonight" (he had 4 women in labor, I was the last to come in and the first one done) Steve said he overheard the drs talking about how they were prepared to do a c/s on me because they didn't think I was going to be able to do it.

Well, I proved them wrong and Valentina came out perfectly! I couldn't be prouder than I am right now. I had my drug free vbac which nobody thought I would be able to do, not even my husband.


My2rainbowgirls is offline   Reply With Quote
Please register or login to remove these ads.

Old April 24th, 2014, 09:44 AM   #2
Jessie Rose

Jessie Rose's Avatar

Member #: 13778
Join Date: Oct 2010
Posts: 678
That's wonderful!!!! Congrats on successful vbac!!


Jessie Rose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 24th, 2014, 10:08 AM   #3

MamaBlee's Avatar

Member #: 24374
Join Date: Dec 2008
Posts: 8,067
So happy you got your vbac!!! I know how proud you feel being able to do it drug free, it's a great feeling!! She is beautiful!! Good job!!


MamaBlee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 24th, 2014, 11:56 AM   #4

BlueJelly's Avatar

Member #: 15594
Join Date: Apr 2011
Posts: 1,467
Yayyyy love the story ! You are strong and I love that you proved them wrong!
Way to go Nina


BlueJelly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 24th, 2014, 12:40 PM   #5
Just call me mommy!

jd411's Avatar

Member #: 15491
Join Date: Apr 2011
Posts: 2,553
Great story! Congrats


jd411 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 26th, 2014, 12:04 PM   #6

My2rainbowgirls's Avatar

Member #: 24740
Join Date: Aug 2013
Posts: 1,466
Thanks ladies!!!


My2rainbowgirls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 28th, 2014, 05:32 AM   #7

NicoleMc's Avatar

Member #: 24680
Join Date: Aug 2013
Posts: 1,093
Such a great birth story Nina! Well done mama!


NicoleMc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 28th, 2014, 09:50 PM   #8
Double Trouble on the way

Erin986's Avatar

Member #: 8826
Join Date: Apr 2009
Posts: 16,400
I love your story!!!! It's amazing to do something that no one thought you could do!


Erin986 is offline   Reply With Quote

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 12:23 AM.