Welcome to TMP's trying to conceive, pregnancy & parenting forums!
TTC & Pregnancy Tools: Ovulation Calculator | hCG Calculator | Due Date Calculator
The TMP Store

Preconception, Pregnancy, Parenting & You

Go Back   The Mommy Playbook > 2014 Playgroups > April 2014 Play Group > Birth Stories

Salem's story!! - Birth Stories

Old March 28th, 2014, 09:47 PM   #1
Jessie Rose

Member #: 13778
Salem's story!!

Alright...so here is the story!! Lol seeing as my naps keep getting interrupted by everyone lol... Wednesday after they checked me, I started having contractions....nothing super strong and no real pattern but they weren't BH....I was 4cm and 75% effaced at that appt.... I slept TERRIBLE Wednesday night because of these sporadic contractions, and went to work anyways...and my contractions were between 5-45 apart...strong enough to make me stop and take a breath, but no pattern!! It was the most annoying thing WVER I could have cared less if they were 20 min apart as long as I had consistency!! But after 10 hours on my feet they were finally staying 10-12 min apart....I tried to sleep (seeing as I was up from 4am), but every 10 I was gettin a contraction....then at 930 they started coming in very strong and between 7-8 min...and then they were 5 and it was time to go (scared of my water breakin and not getting to hospital in time and having Gibbs in car!!!), we dropped a very unhappy toddler off at 11 at the sitters and got to hospital at like 1130, admitted at 1145...I was doing good, I was 8cm and 100% effaced....they broke my water at 1225ish, and told me I wasn't fully dilated yet so not to push....baby girl had other plans , I physically could not get through the contrCtion without pushing....I was startin to panic and I think the nurse was getting nervous too, I had 1 contraction and they called the dr in....and he barely got gloves on and said ok go for it...(I wasn't quite 10 but yeah) I literally pushed twice and she was out....so yup it was fast!!! I thankfully didn't tear and I'm not bleeding horribly this time around either!!! (So far) but yeah... It was quite an adventure to say the least!! I never panicked with Gibbs, but I def did this time..only cuz they were freaking out sayin you can't push!!! Lol!!

Jessie Rose is offline   Reply With Quote
Please register or login to remove these ads.

Old March 28th, 2014, 09:53 PM   #2
Jessie Rose

I don't know why it went all run-on when I posted!! Dang phone!!!!

Old March 28th, 2014, 09:56 PM   #3
uscgwife

Member #: 24159
Did they even have time for an epidural I love your story

uscgwife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 28th, 2014, 11:19 PM   #4
My2rainbowgirls

Member #: 24740
2 pushes and done...that's amazing. Send some good vibes my way!

My2rainbowgirls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 29th, 2014, 07:45 AM   #5
Jessie Rose

Quote:
Originally Posted by uscgwife View Post
Did they even have time for an epidural I love your story
If they would have gave me one before breaking my water HAHA...I didn't have time with my son either....but I was already fully dilated when I showed up with him!!! And I was doing fine through my contractions till they broke my water...if we get pregnant again, my biggest fear is my water breaking on it's own!!! Water break=baby in the next 30 at most!!!

Old March 29th, 2014, 04:22 PM   #6
FaeMommy

Member #: 24191
Love it! Great job mommy!

FaeMommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 29th, 2014, 11:40 PM   #7
Erin986
Double Trouble on the way

Member #: 8826
Great job! Totally jealous of just two pushes!!!

Erin986 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 30th, 2014, 09:32 AM   #8
uscgwife

Member #: 24159
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jessie Rose View Post
If they would have gave me one before breaking my water HAHA...I didn't have time with my son either....but I was already fully dilated when I showed up with him!!! And I was doing fine through my contractions till they broke my water...if we get pregnant again, my biggest fear is my water breaking on it's own!!! Water break=baby in the next 30 at most!!!
I'm so jealous if your fast labor !! You go momma

uscgwife is offline   Reply With Quote