Welcome to TMP's trying to conceive, pregnancy & parenting forums!
TTC & Pregnancy Tools: Ovulation Calculator | hCG Calculator | Due Date Calculator
The TMP Store

Preconception, Pregnancy, Parenting & You

Go Back   The Mommy Playbook > 2013 Playgroups > 2013 Playgroups > June 2013 Playgroup

March Vent - June 2013 Playgroup

Old March 20th, 2014, 05:52 PM   #1
WhiteWolfe

Member #: 20279
March Vent

I reeeeally need to remember that I will miss nursing when we are done. And I will miss how much my baby needs me. But right now I am so incredibly annoyed.

At 2:00 I started putting warner down for a nap. I need this to be a decent nap because we have a swim lesson from 4:30-5:00 and dinner at 6:00 at my father in laws. Swimming makes Warner tired and we usually start bedtime routine at 6 so it's going to be a very difficult night if we don't get a good nap in. And we have to do dinner because my sister in law is in town and it's the only time I am available to see her.

Ok so by 2:20 Warner was asleep but still latched on to me. It's now 2:50 and I can't get him off me. Every time I try he becomes a zombie baby and sits up with mouth wide open and his hands pulling at me - eyes stay shut. Finally I was like screw it and just unlatched and put him in his crib. Of course he started crying so now he's on my lap latched back on.

And I am sooooo hungry. Apparently quinoa pasta is not a substantial enough meal for me. Both last night and today I've had it and am starving shortly after.

So I have about an hour before we have to leave. I have to have everything planned and ready so we can jet home after swimming, change and go to FIL's. I'm thinking of bathing warner really quickly before we go to - so we can stay longer.

If I can't put warner down for this nap I'm not gonna get to eat or prep for dinner. Why is he doing this right now?!?!?!?!? Aggggghhhhbnnnbnnfyfhhfdfvjkifrbk

WhiteWolfe is offline   Reply With Quote
Please register or login to remove these ads.

Old March 20th, 2014, 05:53 PM   #2
WhiteWolfe

Oh and I need to charge my phone - battery is at 4%

Old March 20th, 2014, 05:57 PM   #3
WhiteWolfe

I tried unlatching him again and he woke all the way up. So F this nap. I'm taking him downstairs so I can eat. Tonight is gonna suck.

Old March 20th, 2014, 06:35 PM   #4
MagnoliaHoney

Member #: 26162
I would make sure you are getting protein, fiber, and fat with the quinoa too. I know it has some protein and fiber...but may need more to sustain you.

MagnoliaHoney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 20th, 2014, 06:39 PM   #5
WhiteWolfe

Quote:
Originally Posted by MagnoliaHoney View Post
I would make sure you are getting protein, fiber, and fat with the quinoa too. I know it has some protein and fiber...but may need more to sustain you.
Right after I posted this I had some peanut butter on wheat toast and I feel much better. I think being hungry made me extra grouchy about the napping situation! Lol.

Old March 20th, 2014, 06:40 PM   #6
Meg626

Member #: 22044
Quote:
Originally Posted by WhiteWolfe View Post
I reeeeally need to remember that I will miss nursing when we are done. And I will miss how much my baby needs me. But right now I am so incredibly annoyed. At 2:00 I started putting warner down for a nap. I need this to be a decent nap because we have a swim lesson from 4:30-5:00 and dinner at 6:00 at my father in laws. Swimming makes Warner tired and we usually start bedtime routine at 6 so it's going to be a very difficult night if we don't get a good nap in. And we have to do dinner because my sister in law is in town and it's the only time I am available to see her. Ok so by 2:20 Warner was asleep but still latched on to me. It's now 2:50 and I can't get him off me. Every time I try he becomes a zombie baby and sits up with mouth wide open and his hands pulling at me - eyes stay shut. Finally I was like screw it and just unlatched and put him in his crib. Of course he started crying so now he's on my lap latched back on. And I am sooooo hungry. Apparently quinoa pasta is not a substantial enough meal for me. Both last night and today I've had it and am starving shortly after. So I have about an hour before we have to leave. I have to have everything planned and ready so we can jet home after swimming, change and go to FIL's. I'm thinking of bathing warner really quickly before we go to - so we can stay longer. If I can't put warner down for this nap I'm not gonna get to eat or prep for dinner. Why is he doing this right now?!?!?!?!? Aggggghhhhbnnnbnnfyfhhfdfvjkifrbk

Aaaaaaaargh! So frustrating. Naps have been killing me this week too. As soon as I set him down he's awake and ready to play. Sometimes I need a breeeeeak! Haha.
I hope tonight goes better than you think. Maybe he'll sleep in the car? Good luck!

Meg626 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 20th, 2014, 06:48 PM   #7
WhiteWolfe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meg626 View Post
Aaaaaaaargh! So frustrating. Naps have been killing me this week too. As soon as I set him down he's awake and ready to play. Sometimes I need a breeeeeak! Haha. I hope tonight goes better than you think. Maybe he'll sleep in the car? Good luck!
I think getting to sleep will be easy but he's been waking up so much every night. Since DH is outta town I'm fine with just bringing warner to bed to sleep with me. (I secretly prefer that because he's so snuggly - even though I'm trying to get him in his crib full time! :/)

Old March 20th, 2014, 11:53 PM   #8
tiffnyloo

Member #: 18954
Sorry you guys had a rough nap/day! I hope your night turned out okay.

tiffnyloo is offline   Reply With Quote