Welcome to TMP's trying to conceive, pregnancy & parenting forums!
TTC & Pregnancy Tools: Ovulation Calculator | hCG Calculator | Due Date Calculator
The TMP Store

Preconception, Pregnancy, Parenting & You

Go Back   The Mommy Playbook > 2014 Playgroups > May 2014 Playgroup > Pregnancy Journals

Trina's Super Sparkly Pregnancy! - Pregnancy Journals

Old October 2nd, 2013, 01:09 AM   #9
Sindorella

Member #: 16096
Team green was SO FUN last time, I don't think I could find out again!! Best surprise ever, especially when you have another scheduled section and everything is so planned and sterile and predictable. It adds a whole new sense of excitement to the day!

Sindorella is offline   Reply With Quote
Please register or login to remove these ads.

Old October 2nd, 2013, 01:15 AM   #10
Sindorella

6 week update... although tomorrow will be SEVEN WEEKS! I had my first appointment! My due date was officially put at May 21st, and since my ovulation was only a few days "late" my new doctor told me she will probably leave it, especially since I would like to go as close to 40w as possible when we schedule my c-section.

On to appointment details (copied from my appointment update thread)...

I had to get a stupid pap which I was expecting, and everything looked good except I had a small cyst on my cervix. She said it doesn't look troublesome at all, and she will watch it as the pregnancy progresses and check it again when the pregnancy is over to see if she should remove it.

We talked a lot about my history of infertility and my pregnancies. She called me a pregnancy pro and told me not to bother with the prenatal classes. She asked me how many kids I want and when I said two more she told me no problem she will make sure I get pregnant again after this.

We talked about my weight, and I admitted to her that it is the only thing I am even worried about with this pregnancy because I am heavier than I have ever been and I am swelling already. I asked her about getting on something like the GD diet early on to help with my weight and exercising even though I haven't been lately, and she was fully on board with that and told me not to worry about gaining or losing because as long as I am being healthy and exercising my body will do what it's supposed to. She also was unhappy with what I told her about my last doctor blowing me off when it came to my irregular cycles and automatically blaming my weight, and wants to re-run some blood panels, especially my thyroid. She seems pretty convinced she may find something there that needs some correcting. I am so happy with how thorough she is being already.

Oh, and I am high risk. BOO. Not like, ultrasounds every week in danger of popping out a kid pre-term high risk, but my age and weight qualify me for extra screening right off the bat. So, I go in for extra blood work, I go to maternal fetal medicine at 12w for the screen and blood work for downs and things like that instead of doing them in her office, I get to do 2 GD tests , and I will have extra screening all through my 3rd trimester. It sounds like a pain but the extra screening means extra ultrasounds so .

My blood work and first ultrasound are scheduled for October 9th at 1:30pm PDT! I can't wait!!!!!!!!!!!

Symptoms this week:
One morning of weird light headedness that subsided within an hour. Some minor RLP. Sleeplessness, lots of tossing and turning, a little bit of insomnia. Fatigued a few times but still feeling pretty normal energy wise. No nausea or vomiting, no heart burn, etc. Thank goodness! Swelling in my legs persists, but not as bad as it was last week. That's about it!

Old October 2nd, 2013, 02:33 AM   #11
Rainbow Brite

Member #: 7034
:wub

Rainbow Brite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 13th, 2013, 08:51 PM   #12
Sindorella

Copied this from my ultrasound thread!
------------------------------------------------------------------

10/9/13:
Okay ladies, I am back!!! Appointment went great!! I will bore you with the boring stuff first. Glucose test was easy, thank GOD, they gave me the orange drink. My swelling is down a lot and I actually lost two lbs since last week. My tests from last appointment all came back good. Turns out I DIDN'T have to drink all of that water, since they did a vaginal ultrasound. We saw one baby right away, one perfect little baby, with a perfect little heartbeat. HR was 148, and I was measuring a little small at 7w1d which I expected, so they moved my due date back to May 27th, which I am happy with. I get to go to the maternal fetal medicine office in about a month to get another scan and some more blood tests, and have another appointment with my doctor on November 6th!!

So without further ado... Ultrasound pics!

Oh, did I forget to mention, we saw the second baby right away, too??? HR of 152, also measuring 7w1d.

Yep, you were all right, and I am so so so so so so so so so so so so so so so so so so so so so so so so so so so so so so so so so so so so so so so so so so so so so so so so so so so so so so so so so so so so so so so happy you were!!

HOLY **** WE ARE HAVING TWINS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Old October 30th, 2013, 07:23 PM   #13
Sindorella

10w Update:

Hit 10w yesterday! I need to remember to come in here and post my symptoms and stuff, because I am the type of person that tends to forget day to day symptoms pretty quickly.

I am still feeling good overall! Had some issues with food aversion, mostly food in general though. I just haven't felt too much like eating, and when I do eat my eyes are definitely bigger than my head. I'll get about 10 bites down and I am just done. The peeing isn't as bad, I only get up once a night when it was 3-4 times before. I have a feeling that my break from the constant trips will be short lived. The bigger my uterus gets the more often I am going to have to pee!

My biggest complaint right now is my hips and my shoulder. I have scoliosis that is not only a curve, but also rotation of the spine which makes my hips uneven. I had some hip issues with my last pregnancies so I expected them this time, too, but not quite so early. Shoulda known as soon as I found out there are two babies in there that the hip pain would be extra early! I am dreading the trouble rolling over in bed and pain while sleeping I had last pregnancy happening even earlier this time. My shoulder has been the surprise pain though. I haven't felt this kind of shoulder pain since I had gas trapped up there after my c-sections. NOT fun and of course tylenol doesn't touch it so I don't even bother taking it.

That's about it! My next appointment is a week from today with my OB, and then my NT scan and genetic counseling is the 18th of November. I am anxious but excited about them both. I have been trying to teach Kaia that there are babies in my belly, and now every time I point to my belly and ask her what is in there she says "baby in mama's belly!" When I tell her there are TWO babies, she shakes her head and tells me "Three babies mama!" Really hoping THAT'S not some toddler intuition. I think two is quite enough!

Last edited by Sindorella; October 30th, 2013 at 07:27 PM..
Old November 2nd, 2013, 11:45 AM   #14
Lea23

Member #: 19659
Congrats on your pregnancy and the twins. How exciting, I'm happy for you

Lea23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 22nd, 2013, 11:34 PM   #15
Sindorella

11/18/13 - NT Scan!

------------------------------------------------------------

So as you guys know I was sooooooooooooooooo nervous about this scan! I kept having dreams that I went in and one or both of the babies had stopped growing weeks before and I just hadn't started miscarrying yet. I have been basically terrified of something like that happening for the last month. So, when we got there and they told me the u/s was first I was so relieved. The took me back and I got up on the table and the second the tech put the goop on (which was warm, first time for that, it was heavenly ) and put the wand to my belly we saw two babies moving around like crazy! INSTANT relief!! She did a quick once over and said they both looked about the same size and I think I felt 500lbs of pressure lift from my chest!

Run down of everything... Baby A is measuring right on target, HR of 158, NT measurement was 2.1. Baby B was also measuring right on target, HR of 162, NT measurement was 2.3. It was crazy because I knew my uterus would be bigger, but I had no idea it would be almost to my belly button already! As we were watching the babies move on the scan I could feel it but I had NO IDEA that's what I was feeling because I didn't realize they were so high up already! I still don't think I would recognize it on my own without seeing it at the same time that I felt it, but it was really cool to connect it together.

I'm sure this is what most of you are waiting for... ultrasound pics! So without further ado...

This one is the top of both babies heads, laying face down (the hands are pointing at their noses).

This one the tech called the "bunkbed" shot. You can see both babies laying across the image, Baby B is on the top with the head on the left and the hand pointing at the feet, Baby A is laying across the bottom with the head to the left and the hand pointing at the feet. Baby A's head kind of fades into the side because she couldn't get a good enough angle to get it all in there.

Baby A's profile:

Baby B's profile:

And this one is my FAVORITE. I actually have one like this for both babies, but since Baby B's turned out better, that's the one you get to see. THE ALIEN FACE! I the little arms folded up against the chest and the hands under the chin.

We told the tech from the beginning that we didn't want to know the sex, not even an early guess, and she was shocked. She has never had a twin pregnancy that didn't find out before! She did stop after she took pictures of both of their legs and told us that if we do have the same sex and anyone tries to tell us that they can't possibly be identical because they are in different sacs, not to believe them and if we think they look enough alike to wonder, only a genetic test will confirm or deny. I thought that was an interesting thing to bring up, it made me wonder if she saw something that led her to believe they are the same. I told her that I know that to be di/di identical the eggs have to split super early, and I implanted really quickly and got a positive at only 7dpo, so if they are identical it would make sense they are di/di. She was impressed with my knowledge. If she only knew how much research I have been doing!

Overall it was AWESOME, I feel tons tons tons better, and I can't wait until our anatomy scan! January 27th, and this time I scheduled it at 9am so I don't leave people hanging all day.

Old November 23rd, 2013, 04:39 AM   #16
Divamama
Arty farty crunchy type

Member #: 22059
OMG Trina what an AWESOME update, so exciting!!!!! Love the pics!!!!!

So remind me, when are you telling the world you're having twins?

Divamama is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
pregnancy!, sparkly, super, trina's