Welcome to TMP's trying to conceive, pregnancy & parenting forums!
TTC & Pregnancy Tools: Ovulation Calculator | hCG Calculator | Due Date Calculator
The TMP Store

Preconception, Pregnancy, Parenting & You

Go Back   The Mommy Playbook > 2014 Playgroups > May 2014 Playgroup > Pregnancy Journals

My journey to pregnancy - Pregnancy Journals

Old September 17th, 2013, 07:12 PM   #1
bdp10
Brittany

Member #: 25115
I'll start on December 8th, 2012, the day my life changed forever. My little brother (19 years old) went camping near a huge cliff with his friend the night before, a warm night for December in Arkansas. Hours later, we learned he fell off a 100ft cliff and was rescued by 50 people. He beat the odds, survived the fall and was in the ICU for a week in a MO hospital. December 12th, 2012 - That night I learned my brother had strokes on his brain and wasn't going to make it. I was so stressed in the hotel room I made myself sick, and asked my hubby to get me my BC pill. He said he thought we should get off the pill! We had already talked about it before the accident. My precious brother passed away two days later and we were able to donate his tissue. March 1st, 2013 I took a positive pregnancy test. Little did I know I had a mass growing in me that blocked the egg from traveling to my uterus! I went for blood work two Monday's in a row and all my levels were low. Tuesday March 12th, three months to the day my brother had strokes on his brain, the doctor called me in. He said this isn't a healthy pregnancy, but knowing my situation took the extra time to give me an ultrasound that day. He found the mass, which was 7cm (larger than my uterus)!! No wonder my lower back was killing me! Thank God he took the time. I had emergency surgery the next morning to remove the mass. He discovered it was my right ovary and Fallopian tube mushed together with blood clots. He preformed a DNC too. No reason for why it happened, just a freak thing. He said it was an ectopic pregnancy, but that the mass was there weeks before I got pregnant. This pregnancy was a blessing in disguise. If I never had found out and had blood work done, my mass would have ruptured and a random doctor in the ER would have cut me open. I was put back on the pill for 3 months after my surgery. After a long recovery, the good news is that my left side still works and I got pregnant again 6 months later! I took a test last Monday, blood work the same day (dr. doesn't mess around with me!) and the results came back hCG in the 5,000's but progesterone was at 12.3 and needs to be 15. Got my results from yesterday's test and levels increased! hCG 6,900 and progesterone 13.3. My doctor is putting me on progesterone tonight to help those levels, and I have my first ultrasound Thursday morning! It's been a long 9 months for my family, but we are so full of hope and just praying hard for a healthy baby! I'm 6 weeks and we're keeping it quiet my first trimester just to make sure everything is okay.
pic of my ectopic
me after surgery
[IMG][/IMG]
[IMG] my husband, me, mom and brother [/IMG]

Last edited by bdp10; September 19th, 2013 at 08:00 PM..
bdp10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Please register or login to remove these ads.

Old September 17th, 2013, 07:20 PM   #2
FaithNhope8

Member #: 23809
I am so sorry to hear about the loss of your brother. Hoping everything goes smoothly with this pregnancy and a happy and healthy 9 months!

FaithNhope8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 17th, 2013, 07:33 PM   #3
tnt1043

Member #: 24864
I have chills. what a story. your brother's sweet spirit sent that little bean to potentially save your life.

I am so happy for you to be here and excited to experience this journey with you!

tnt1043 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 17th, 2013, 07:43 PM   #4
bdp10
Brittany

Quote:
Originally Posted by FaithNhope8 View Post
I am so sorry to hear about the loss of your brother. Hoping everything goes smoothly with this pregnancy and a happy and healthy 9 months!
Thank you very much! I think I wrote that wrong. My surgery was 6 months ago!

Old September 17th, 2013, 07:48 PM   #5
bdp10
Brittany

Quote:
Originally Posted by tnt1043 View Post
I have chills. what a story. your brother's sweet spirit sent that little bean to potentially save your life.

I am so happy for you to be here and excited to experience this journey with you!
I completely agree! He's my angel! And I forgot to add that this is his birthday month and I think it's special I found out I was pregnant a week after his 20th birthday! Thank you for the encouragement!

Old September 17th, 2013, 11:12 PM   #6
jbulleyment

Member #: 21311
Aw I'm so sorry about you're brother

jbulleyment is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 18th, 2013, 09:39 AM   #7
bdp10
Brittany

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbulleyment View Post
Aw I'm so sorry about you're brother
Thanks, girl. I know he's with me every day watching over me. I think about him constantly. He would have been the best uncle! He loved kids.

Old September 18th, 2013, 10:03 AM   #8
Janou

Member #: 10753
I'm so sorry for the loss of your brother. I'm in tears reading your story. I can't even imagine what you've gone through. I'm excited you are here with us though! Happy and healthy 9 months!

Janou is offline   Reply With Quote