Welcome to TMP's trying to conceive, pregnancy & parenting forums!
TTC & Pregnancy Tools: Ovulation Calculator | hCG Calculator | Due Date Calculator
The TMP Store

Preconception, Pregnancy, Parenting & You

Go Back   The Mommy Playbook > 2013 Playgroups > 2013 Playgroups > June 2013 Playgroup

Walking Progression - June 2013 Playgroup

Old July 14th, 2014, 03:00 PM   #1
ChickenQueen
Keeping up with Kate!

Member #: 20358
Walking Progression

So, I was just curious if there's a rule of thumb of what to expect with Kate's walking!

Right now she walks if she's already standing up, but if she falls down or has nothing to pull up on, she crawls. I'd say that's still her "go-to" form or transportation.

Anyone know how long between this phase and when walking will become her preferred method? Lol

(P.S. Definitely not rushing it! Genuinely just curious.)

ChickenQueen is offline   Reply With Quote
Please register or login to remove these ads.

Old July 14th, 2014, 11:57 PM   #2
tiffnyloo

Member #: 18954
Hard to say. It seemed like Lawson was stable enough to walk long before he did but he was content to cruise and we had lots of furniture for him to cruise along with. So within about 1-2 weeks of his first steps unassisted crawling was obsolete.

tiffnyloo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 15th, 2014, 12:15 AM   #3
September
Mama 2 Five

Member #: 6131
My two oldest where late[r] walkers. I think like 14 or 16 months they both walked. B was 11 months (or there about), K was like about a year, and Noah walked at 9 1/2 months(!!!).

September is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 15th, 2014, 01:33 AM   #4
tearose412

Member #: 20042
It's funny how all babies are different. My MIL said DH walked at 9mo and my mom said I did at 11/12mo but I wouldn't let go of anything for months after. She said I'd walk down the hall with one finger touching the wall! Also maybe bec you guys have carpet it's easier on the knees so she's content moving that way? We have hardwood floors so he got over that fast!

tearose412 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 15th, 2014, 09:53 AM   #5
ChickenQueen
Keeping up with Kate!

Member #: 20358
Quote:
Originally Posted by tiffnyloo View Post
Hard to say. It seemed like Lawson was stable enough to walk long before he did but he was content to cruise and we had lots of furniture for him to cruise along with. So within about 1-2 weeks of his first steps unassisted crawling was obsolete.
I'm wondering if this will be Kate. She tools her first steps less than a week ago and she's improved so much already. Se like..,takes off so fast! Only thing stopping her is falls...lol. She doesn't know how to stand up without holding onto something yet.

ChickenQueen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 15th, 2014, 11:07 AM   #6
WhiteWolfe

Member #: 20279
Warner took his first steps at 9.5 months. But he wasn't really walking as his primary method of transportation until 11 months. I remember going to dinner with FIL at 11 months and Warner was walking around the restaurant. FIL was telling everyone he just started walking and I was like nu uh! Lol

WhiteWolfe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 16th, 2014, 01:16 AM   #7
JP'sGirl26

Member #: 15455
Logan started walking about a month ago. But only in the last few days has he been MOSTLY walking. It's cute/weird to see him choose to walk instead of crawl! But now he pretty much just walks unless he falls after like thirty steps. And he'll still usually choose to stand up again and keep walking. I think crawling is pretty much over for us.

JP'sGirl26 is offline   Reply With Quote