Welcome to TMP's trying to conceive, pregnancy & parenting forums!
TTC & Pregnancy Tools: Ovulation Calculator | hCG Calculator | Due Date Calculator
The TMP Store

Preconception, Pregnancy, Parenting & You

Go Back   The Mommy Playbook > 2013 Playgroups > 2013 Playgroups > June 2013 Playgroup

March Vent - June 2013 Playgroup

Old March 24th, 2014, 11:16 PM   #9
ChickenQueen
Keeping up with Kate!

Member #: 20358
So my brother and his girlfriend are visiting for her "spring break." (She's a teacher).

It's pretty clear they aren't used to being around babies. I'm kind of getting annoyed because it seems like THEY get annoyed with Kate! For example, she was having a tough teething day. She was fussy and high maintenance, but nowhere NEAR her worst...lol. But they'd be trying to watch TV and I could literally see her annoyance all over her face. And Kate "talks" and chatters CONSTANTLY lately and is really loud. Well she has "shhh"ed her a couple of time and it pisses me off. This is where Kate lives! She is allowed to explore her voice inside. And in the restaurant she "shhh"ed her a couple of times too.

Would this piss anyone else off? Like...she is 9 months old. Really?! She needs to be vocal!

ChickenQueen is offline   Reply With Quote
Please register or login to remove these ads.

Old March 25th, 2014, 12:12 AM   #10
tiffnyloo

Member #: 18954
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChickenQueen View Post
So my brother and his girlfriend are visiting for her "spring break." (She's a teacher).

It's pretty clear they aren't used to being around babies. I'm kind of getting annoyed because it seems like THEY get annoyed with Kate! For example, she was having a tough teething day. She was fussy and high maintenance, but nowhere NEAR her worst...lol. But they'd be trying to watch TV and I could literally see her annoyance all over her face. And Kate "talks" and chatters CONSTANTLY lately and is really loud. Well she has "shhh"ed her a couple of time and it pisses me off. This is where Kate lives! She is allowed to explore her voice inside. And in the restaurant she "shhh"ed her a couple of times too.

Would this piss anyone else off? Like...she is 9 months old. Really?! She needs to be vocal!

Umm YES this would piss me off a lot! She's a teacher and she's annoyed by babies?? That's weird? Why did they want to come visit if wanted to watch TV rather than enjoy time with Kate?

Are they staying at your house? For how long?

I hope things go smoother.

Last edited by tiffnyloo; March 25th, 2014 at 12:20 AM..
tiffnyloo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 25th, 2014, 07:55 AM   #11
ChickenQueen
Keeping up with Kate!

Member #: 20358
Quote:
Originally Posted by tiffnyloo View Post
Umm YES this would piss me off a lot! She's a teacher and she's annoyed by babies?? That's weird? Why did they want to come visit if wanted to watch TV rather than enjoy time with Kate? Are they staying at your house? For how long? I hope things go smoother.
Well...here's the thing. She does play with her and they both seem to like her in general. But it's just like she thinks she shouldn't be so loud or something. She didn't shhh her in a mean way, but nevertheless...don't shhh my baby!!!

They leave Wed.

ChickenQueen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 25th, 2014, 09:45 AM   #12
tiffnyloo

Member #: 18954
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by tiffnyloo View Post
Umm YES this would piss me off a lot! She's a teacher and she's annoyed by babies?? That's weird? Why did they want to come visit if wanted to watch TV rather than enjoy time with Kate? Are they staying at your house? For how long? I hope things go smoother.
Well...here's the thing. She does play with her and they both seem to like her in general. But it's just like she thinks she shouldn't be so loud or something. She didn't shhh her in a mean way, but nevertheless...don't shhh my baby!!!

They leave Wed.
Oh yea, I am sure they are great with her other times. Nobody has eyes for your baby the way you do, but still. That is annoying. It's not like Kate really understand shhh anyway so it's just kind of pointless and irritating for her to do it. Hope there aren't any more problems!

tiffnyloo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 25th, 2014, 10:44 AM   #13
WhiteWolfe

Member #: 20279
Quote:
So my brother and his girlfriend are visiting for her "spring break." (She's a teacher). It's pretty clear they aren't used to being around babies. I'm kind of getting annoyed because it seems like THEY get annoyed with Kate! For example, she was having a tough teething day. She was fussy and high maintenance, but nowhere NEAR her worst...lol. But they'd be trying to watch TV and I could literally see her annoyance all over her face. And Kate "talks" and chatters CONSTANTLY lately and is really loud. Well she has "shhh"ed her a couple of time and it pisses me off. This is where Kate lives! She is allowed to explore her voice inside. And in the restaurant she "shhh"ed her a couple of times too. Would this piss anyone else off? Like...she is 9 months old. Really?! She needs to be vocal!
Yes that would piss me off!!!!! Babies aren't always convenient... Duh! But why would anyone try to shush a talkative baby?! Kate should be encouraged to learn how her voice works!! Ugh I guess people that aren't parents don't get it.

WhiteWolfe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 25th, 2014, 03:54 PM   #14
Meg626

Member #: 22044
Quote:
So my brother and his girlfriend are visiting for her "spring break." (She's a teacher). It's pretty clear they aren't used to being around babies. I'm kind of getting annoyed because it seems like THEY get annoyed with Kate! For example, she was having a tough teething day. She was fussy and high maintenance, but nowhere NEAR her worst...lol. But they'd be trying to watch TV and I could literally see her annoyance all over her face. And Kate "talks" and chatters CONSTANTLY lately and is really loud. Well she has "shhh"ed her a couple of time and it pisses me off. This is where Kate lives! She is allowed to explore her voice inside. And in the restaurant she "shhh"ed her a couple of times too. Would this piss anyone else off? Like...she is 9 months old. Really?! She needs to be vocal!
This would seriously piss me off! No ok.

Meg626 is offline   Reply With Quote