Welcome to TMP's trying to conceive, pregnancy & parenting forums!
TTC & Pregnancy Tools: Ovulation Calculator | hCG Calculator | Due Date Calculator
The TMP Store

Preconception, Pregnancy, Parenting & You

Go Back   The Mommy Playbook > 2013 Playgroups > 2013 Playgroups > October 2013 Playgroup

Question for reflux momma's - October 2013 Playgroup

Old November 2nd, 2013, 10:33 PM   #1
Niltiac.

Member #: 14356
Question for reflux momma's

We finally got home from the hospital stay last night, and things were going alright. Today he's had two massive spit ups though, and the second one was pretty blood tinged and only after an ounce rather than his usual after the full two ounces. This is the first time we've had blood in it and I'm kind of worried. I called the on call doc and he said as long as it's not bright red or happening more than once we should be okay. I was curious about other opinions though.

FWIW, we did notice some blood in his mouth prior to the feed and him spitting up but didn't think much of it for whatever reason :/

I took a picture of it, but will post only the link so no one HAS to see it, but would love any advice or say on it... I hate this whole thing so much My poor baby.

http://i986.photobucket.com/albums/a...psc0f9dd93.jpg

Niltiac. is offline   Reply With Quote
Please register or login to remove these ads.

Old November 2nd, 2013, 11:46 PM   #2
musiclaydee
In love with my babies

Member #: 13639
My phone won't let me load the picture blood in vomit concerns me. Both my children and my nephew have reflux and I've never seen blood. However, if you noticed it before feeding maybe it's something in his mouth that bled? How is his demeanor? Is he fussy?

musiclaydee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 2nd, 2013, 11:56 PM   #3
Munko

Member #: 14753
Popping in -

He recently had a NG tube, right? Do you think maybe he was scratched/irritated from the tube? I'm not sure when he got his tube out, but if he did have a scratch/irritation, the reflux could possibly irritate it more and cause some bleeding.

I could be way off, but that was my first thought.

I'm sorry you're going through this mama, I hope all settles down soon.

Munko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 3rd, 2013, 12:26 AM   #4
Niltiac.

We were thinking it was his mouth at first but he had worked himself up before the feed so he might have coughed some up. He fussed a bit afterwards but I finally got him to sleep, he's due to eat again at 9 and I'm not looking forward to it

He did have the NG tube, but pulled it out himself on Thursday. On Wednesday he also had a scope done and they saw some blood in his throat but when they looked again it was gone so they don't seem concerned. They did tell us he could have some blood in the spit up but he hasn't before this point so that's what worried me most.

Old November 3rd, 2013, 12:35 AM   #5
Niltiac.

And thank you, we're really hoping for "normal" soon. I just hate seeing him like this and not being able to help him more than what we're already doing.

Tags
momma's, question, reflux