Welcome to TMP's trying to conceive, pregnancy & parenting forums!
TTC & Pregnancy Tools: Ovulation Calculator | hCG Calculator | Due Date Calculator
The TMP Store

Preconception, Pregnancy, Parenting & You

Go Back   The Mommy Playbook > 2013 Playgroups > 2013 Playgroups > February 2013 Playgroup

Reflux - February 2013 Playgroup

Old September 20th, 2013, 09:22 AM   #1
MrsJS1017

Member #: 16841
Question Reflux

I know alot of our babies suffered from Acid Reflux in the early months. Jude was one of them. He started Zantac at 2 months old. Pedi wanted us to try a week without at it 4 months to see how he did. He no longer projectile vomited
or spit up as much when we stopped it, but was still a little fussy around feedings etc. Pedi wanted to stop prescribing it. Well as he's got this "stomach virus" the more I think its his reflux bothering him again. I thought back to when i thought he had "sleep regression" and this is around the time we stopped zantac. He's been coughing alot lately and he's always had a little cough that we jokingly call his Zoolander "I think I've got the black lung pop" coughThe few times he actually slept through the night he was on zantac. I think it might explain why nothing but nursing would soothe him at night. Breast-milk neutralizes stomach acid at first but then as they begin to digest it it spills back into their esophagus causing the pain.He's generally a great baby during the day, its nights thats causing us trouble, but he's asleep on his back at night, and sitting up alot of the day. so if its really his reflux this would explain alot.

Wow that was a long post just to ask how many momma's are still dealing with reflux and is baby taking Zantac/another reflux med still?

I guess in my crazy state of sleeplessness i'm trying to figure out why my baby who used to sleep 6+ hours at night has slowly gone back to waking up every 2 hours around the clock.

Last edited by MrsJS1017; September 20th, 2013 at 10:24 AM..
MrsJS1017 is offline   Reply With Quote
Please register or login to remove these ads.

Old September 20th, 2013, 10:12 AM   #2
Hoping4Rheagan
Double sided tape!

Member #: 16452
Reagan used a diff reflux med, she used it from 4-6m, seems fine most days..there are others that I can hear her refluxing.

Last edited by Hoping4Rheagan; September 20th, 2013 at 10:19 AM..
Hoping4Rheagan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 20th, 2013, 10:24 AM   #3
MrsJS1017

Member #: 16841
Hrmm, Jude is very belchy and i often hear the reflux too. I just thought it was a normal part of life for babies to spit up alot.I have some of his zantac left over so im trying it for a few days to see if it helps. he just seems so miserable the last week i'd about try anything to make him feel better.

MrsJS1017 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 20th, 2013, 11:27 AM   #4
Hoping4Rheagan
Double sided tape!

Member #: 16452
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrsJS1017 View Post
Hrmm, Jude is very belchy and i often hear the reflux too. I just thought it was a normal part of life for babies to spit up alot.I have some of his zantac left over so im trying it for a few days to see if it helps. he just seems so miserable the last week i'd about try anything to make him feel better.
Amen!!

Hoping4Rheagan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 20th, 2013, 04:23 PM   #5
robincristy86

Member #: 5873
poor buddy. I hope the meds make a difference and if so the doc will order more. Hopefully he feels better soon.

robincristy86 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
reflux