Welcome to TMP's trying to conceive, pregnancy & parenting forums!
TTC & Pregnancy Tools: Ovulation Calculator | hCG Calculator | Due Date Calculator
The TMP Store

Preconception, Pregnancy, Parenting & You

Go Back   The Mommy Playbook > 2008 - 2012 Playgroups > 2012 Playgroups > August 2012 Playgroup

reflux - August 2012 Playgroup

Old September 14th, 2012, 07:51 PM   #9
Cinnamon320
Mama to 3 and 3 angels <3

Member #: 4404
Quote:
Originally Posted by bees View Post
We are and we keep her at an incline too (she sleeps in the Rock n Play). Lots of burping too. Dr said if it gets worse and she seems to be in pain (which she has since our one week appointment), then we may try medication.

I hope your LO feels better!!
Barb- we are dealing with frequent spit up- sometimes 2 hours after a feeding. How did you know she was in pain- lots of crying? DD seems uncomfortable, but she doesn't cry- just grunts...

Cinnamon320 is offline   Reply With Quote
Please register or login to remove these ads.

Old September 14th, 2012, 08:16 PM   #10
bees

Member #: 16614
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cinnamon320

Barb- we are dealing with frequent spit up- sometimes 2 hours after a feeding. How did you know she was in pain- lots of crying? DD seems uncomfortable, but she doesn't cry- just grunts...
For us she was pushing off my breast and arching her back during feedings. Feedings didnt last long at all because she was in pain from eating. Hates to lay flat. Immediately following (and during...like when I'd burp her), I'd either see or hear her spit-up. Sometimes tiny amounts and sometimes it looks like the whole feeding. Started out just as silent (I'd hear her spit-up and swallow it...she'd make this "wheezing" kind of sound), but now it's both. I can tell she's in pain because she cries a lot during and after the fact. BUT the Zantac and keeping her at an incline has helped a lot.

I'm not sure 2 hours later would be reflux (but Im no doctor obviously)? She's not constipated or gassy is she? She could be grunting because of that, and when she's grunted/pushing she might be causing herself to spit-up? Sometimes it doesnt rake much haha DS spit-up A LOT but he was never in any pain. I think sometimes spit-up is normal.

I hope it's nothing!

bees is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 14th, 2012, 11:20 PM   #11
Cinnamon320
Mama to 3 and 3 angels <3

Member #: 4404
Thank you- she also gets the hiccups a lot.
DS had reflux, but he had trouble sleeping. He was on Prilosec.

DD doesn't have trouble sleeping, really. I just feel bad because she seems so uncomfortable sometimes! She spits up right after feedings sometimes, too. Sometimes a little, sometimes a lot!!! We don't have a pedi appt. til 2 months, so still a month away, but if it gets worse next week, I think I'll bring her in...

Cinnamon320 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
reflux