Welcome to TMP's trying to conceive, pregnancy & parenting forums!
TTC & Pregnancy Tools: Ovulation Calculator | hCG Calculator | Due Date Calculator
The TMP Store

Preconception, Pregnancy, Parenting & You

Go Back   The Mommy Playbook > Nutrition, Diapering and More > Bottle Feeding Support

Reflux and formula - Bottle Feeding Support

Old January 14th, 2012, 07:39 PM   #1
Becksabee
Expecting Baby #2

Member #: 15915
Reflux and formula

For those with reflux babies, what kind of formula do you use?

We're currently using Similac Sensitive. About 30 minutes after he gets it, he starts screaming, acting like he's in pain. I'm starting to wonder if perhaps it's worth it to try switching to something else. Any reviews for Enfamil AR or something similar?

Also, he seems to eat and eat and then he ends up throwing up. The babysitter has been giving him 8 oz bottles and most of it comes back up. We've been trying to give him about 4 oz at a time now, but he just continues to fuss.

Becksabee is offline   Reply With Quote
Please register or login to remove these ads.

Old January 14th, 2012, 09:17 PM   #2
thunderloveslightning
stick baby stick!

Member #: 12524
I use the same thing and have the same problem. We ordered some Probiotics to help with digestive health, and if it doesn't help we will consider switching to Similac Soy for Gas and Fusiness

thunderloveslightning is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 16th, 2012, 04:14 AM   #3
ashlie

Member #: 18203
Try Enfamil A.R!!! Or Enfamil Gentlease! But I strongly recommend A.R Works wonders!!!! Good luck!

ashlie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 16th, 2012, 04:46 PM   #4
Debs31
Ready to meet #2!

Member #: 13673
I was going to try AR but then it wasnt coming out of the nipples so I got annoyed and never got new nipples and just continued to use the formula I was using at the time. I've been through Enfamil Prosobee (soy), Gerber Good Start Gentle, Similac Alimentum and now he's on Similac Advanced. I wasnt crazy about using the sensitive because the first ingredient was corn syrup solids. I haven't noticed much of a difference on any formulas to be honest and the only thing I can do for him is feed him a little bit at a time and try to keep him upright during the feeding and burp him often. Sometimes he cries and screams and sometimes he doesn't. It depends on the day. I hope you find something that works for you. Reflux is really hard!

Debs31 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 19th, 2012, 11:18 PM   #5
C'sMommy

Member #: 14435
I used the Target brand of Enfamil AR until we started solids. He doesn't seem to need the special formula anymore. It is thicker, you have to switch to the fast flow nipples with it.
We are still using zantac and sleeping inclined, but the solids have made a huge difference in his reflux.
Good luck!

C'sMommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 26th, 2012, 08:41 PM   #6
protease
SAHM

Member #: 17244
The AR is added rice, I believe. If the formula is too thick I recommend the variable flow nipples from Avent. They have a I, II and III on the nipple and as you move it around it increases the flow. I used them with my son and work well. I bought them at Target.

protease is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
formula, reflux