Welcome to TMP's trying to conceive, pregnancy & parenting forums!
TTC & Pregnancy Tools: Ovulation Calculator | hCG Calculator | Due Date Calculator
The TMP Store

Preconception, Pregnancy, Parenting & You

Go Back   The Mommy Playbook > 2008 - 2012 Playgroups > 2012 Playgroups > September 2012 Playgroup

Reflux babies... - September 2012 Playgroup

Old March 14th, 2013, 09:36 AM   #1
Meggs29

Member #: 10910
Reflux babies...

Who is still taking what meds....And what dose?

Have you done a dose reduction? Are you planning to try?

When did your LO start taking the meds?

Have they missed a dose (s) and how did they do?

Meggs29 is offline   Reply With Quote
Please register or login to remove these ads.

Old March 14th, 2013, 09:44 AM   #2
bees

Member #: 16614
Hannah still spits-up a lot, but she is a happy spitter now (where before it really bothered her). I took her off the meds around 4 months, I think? I weaned her off mornings by giving half dose, then none. Then I did nights.

She is still spitting up as much (if not more, from rolling around and jumping), but it doesn't bother her.

bees is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 14th, 2013, 11:09 AM   #3
FltMedicMommy
FltMedicMommy

Member #: 18135
Libie is seeing GI now in Birmingham(2hrs away!) She has her upper Gi series on March 26th(and how im supposed to make her drink barium i have no idea! Yuk!) They kept her on the liquid soy, but changed her over to Nexium its a powder you desolve in water(we were on combined previcid 1/2 capsule mixed in applesauce and zantac .8) and gave her a med to tighten the muscle in the esophagus. I cant tell you how great things have been in just 2 weeks. Yes she still spits up, but it is spit up and not throw up! Since starting the meds she has only thrown up on day 1, and maybe 1 or 2 big spits a day; still lots of small but what a huge improvement! She is sleeping better and still on the miralax for now. Lexie was on zantac .8 and blue similac, we have switched her to gerber gentle and havent had to use the zantac anymore! Its Amazing what the''right'' dr can do for you! Also we dont plan to take them off the meds till later so we havent missed a dose.

FltMedicMommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 14th, 2013, 02:47 PM   #4
JRM123

Member #: 19186
A is still supposed to be on Zantac, but the pharmacy screwed up the prescription twice. I was left without meds for her for a few days and noticed that she hadn't spit up at all really nor was she having issues with being uncomfortable. I told her pedi and the pedi wants to start taking her off now since it seems like she's grown out of it. So opposed to getting 1.4ml twice daily, she just gets 1ml once daily. She does fine.

JRM123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 14th, 2013, 03:03 PM   #5
sarahbearah

Member #: 17166
He's now in 1ml on Zantac twice a day. The doc said its a stronger solution than what he was on. (Shrug) when he finished the first round of Prilosec. I let him completely run out so I could see if he was over it. Turns out he wasn't.

sarahbearah is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
babies..., reflux