Welcome to TMP's trying to conceive, pregnancy & parenting forums!
TTC & Pregnancy Tools: Ovulation Calculator | hCG Calculator | Due Date Calculator
The TMP Store

Preconception, Pregnancy, Parenting & You

Go Back   The Mommy Playbook > Nutrition, Diapering and More > Baby Led Solids

Reflux and BLW - Baby Led Solids

Old January 20th, 2012, 03:05 PM   #1
Debs31
Ready to meet #2!

Member #: 13673
Question Reflux and BLW

Hi! I would REALLY like to go the BLW route at 6 months but Tyler has been suffering with silent reflux and although I've been told to try rice cereal and/or oatmeal early, I do not want to. I believe both can cause constipation and tummy upset and that's the last thing he needs right now. I do feel that purees will help him so is there any advice anyone can give me on how to start or if I should combine the two....maybe hand him some foods AND spoonfeed so he gets the best of both worlds?

Debs31 is offline   Reply With Quote
Please register or login to remove these ads.

Old January 22nd, 2012, 09:13 AM   #2
sbmartino
We are complete :)

Member #: 12870
Well, I can say that I tried to add oatmeal to Marco's yogurt just to thicken it up and add some fiber, and it gave him HORRIBLE gas pains, so I stay away from it now!

As far as advice - the great thing about BLW is you can do as much or as little as you want! You can certainly combine the two, give him some purees and some table food. I know some ladies on here have spread pureed fruit and stuff on toast or something, just to use up stuff they had, so you could try that too! Check out the "what is baby led solids" sticky, there's some great tips there on getting started.

sbmartino is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 24th, 2012, 08:08 PM   #3
KaitieM

Member #: 9109
Exactly what Shannon said I would just make sure that if you are going with purees, you allow him to stop when he is full. That is a big part of BLS

KaitieM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 30th, 2012, 08:19 PM   #4
Debs31
Ready to meet #2!

Member #: 13673
K thx. I should still give him formula first still right? Problem is I thought I solved the cluster feeding problem but he's back to eating slow again so he gets small bottles throughout the day So now I'm not sure when to give him the actual foods to try?

Debs31 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
reflux