Welcome to TMP's trying to conceive, pregnancy & parenting forums!
TTC & Pregnancy Tools: Ovulation Calculator | hCG Calculator | Due Date Calculator
The TMP Store

Preconception, Pregnancy, Parenting & You

Go Back   The Mommy Playbook > 2008 - 2012 Playgroups > 2012 Playgroups > September 2012 Playgroup

June chit chat! - September 2012 Playgroup

Old June 14th, 2015, 07:57 AM   #25
Meggs29

Member #: 10910
DH took the girls to MIL's yesterday. They came home and Emily had a cut right under her eye almost the entire length of her eye...It was swelling too. She ran into a table in MIL's basement that had plywood on top of it.. It is so close to her eye that her top eyelashes touch it when she blinks.. Sooooo lucky it wasn't any higher! And GRRRR that it happened at all.
MIL called later in the day to talk with DH...and she asked DH if I was mad at him. (Why would I be mad at him? (I know she would have been watching the girls since DH went over there to work on something for her)...But Emily is also full tilt wherever she goes if allowed. Just glad she is ok.

This morning it is swollen more.....I'm trying to decide if I should take her to an eye Dr. just in case...But her eye doesn't look to have been affected at all.

Meggs29 is offline   Reply With Quote
Please register or login to remove these ads.

Old June 14th, 2015, 01:30 PM   #26
IansMom

Member #: 17482
Quote:
Originally Posted by Meggs29 View Post
DH took the girls to MIL's yesterday. They came home and Emily had a cut right under her eye almost the entire length of her eye...It was swelling too. She ran into a table in MIL's basement that had plywood on top of it.. It is so close to her eye that her top eyelashes touch it when she blinks.. Sooooo lucky it wasn't any higher! And GRRRR that it happened at all. MIL called later in the day to talk with DH...and she asked DH if I was mad at him. (Why would I be mad at him? (I know she would have been watching the girls since DH went over there to work on something for her)...But Emily is also full tilt wherever she goes if allowed. Just glad she is ok. This morning it is swollen more.....I'm trying to decide if I should take her to an eye Dr. just in case...But her eye doesn't look to have been affected at all.
Yikes! Glad she's ok!

IansMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 15th, 2015, 11:40 PM   #27
Altrix
aka 55555

Member #: 17653
Aww man Meg, that sucks, but glad it's not worse!

Katie - I might not like the beach, but I hate you right now for being at the beach

This house is sllooooowly coming together. Emphasis on the SLOW

Altrix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 16th, 2015, 03:15 PM   #28
Cinnamon320
Mama to 3 and 3 angels <3

Member #: 4404
UGH. A2 has been Impossible lately! She throws fits at every turn, gets into EVerything, and is just generally impossible. Just when I think I have this 3 kids under control...

Cinnamon320 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 16th, 2015, 09:05 PM   #29
MuppetWrangler
Mrs Wrangler

Member #: 14203
Lol Cindi

MuppetWrangler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 17th, 2015, 11:11 AM   #30
JRM123

Member #: 19186
A will not share ANYTHING with baby J. If baby J goes to pick something up and play with it, she runs over as fast as she can and snatches. It's driving me insane. I do the whole you can have it when she's done playing with it, but she won't have it sometimes and it lands her in trouble. She doesn't even want to play with whatever it is she takes from J. She just doesn't want baby J to have it. Ugh.

JRM123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 17th, 2015, 11:27 AM   #31
Altrix
aka 55555

Member #: 17653
Quote:
Originally Posted by JRM123 View Post
A will not share ANYTHING with baby J. If baby J goes to pick something up and play with it, she runs over as fast as she can and snatches. It's driving me insane. I do the whole you can have it when she's done playing with it, but she won't have it sometimes and it lands her in trouble. She doesn't even want to play with whatever it is she takes from J. She just doesn't want baby J to have it. Ugh.
Poor J. So far, this is how L is with La, luckily La doesn't notice yet . Actually I was astonished a few minutes ago when L ran over and gave her sister a baby toy! Too bad La is asleep and it really doesn't matter lol.

I actually just set up the toys in the living room, and La has L's old toy shelf all for herself. Obviously L can still play with those, but those are the "baby" toys from here on out. Hoping that distinguishing the space makes it easier for L to understand and accept the fact that not everything is hers.

Altrix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 17th, 2015, 01:51 PM   #32
MuppetWrangler
Mrs Wrangler

Member #: 14203
Quote:
Originally Posted by JRM123 View Post
I remember going through this with Texas and Kurtis, it's rough. Eventually they started playing together. This is the age jealousy comes out because baby can now move around and touch stuff.

MuppetWrangler is offline   Reply With Quote