Welcome to TMP's trying to conceive, pregnancy & parenting forums!
TTC & Pregnancy Tools: Ovulation Calculator | hCG Calculator | Due Date Calculator
The TMP Store

Preconception, Pregnancy, Parenting & You

Go Back   The Mommy Playbook > TTC - Trying To Conceive Forums > Fertility Problems, Treatments & Long Term TTC

Quick question after hysteroscopy - Fertility Problems, Treatments & Long Term TTC

Old April 1st, 2015, 11:57 AM   #1
CrazyAuntKitty

Member #: 26778
Quick question after hysteroscopy

Hi ya'll,

I had a hysteroscopy yesterday morning to check out a sketchy area in my uterus. Luckily, my doctor didn't see anything though so we're in the clear!

My question is, when we had our consultation last week, we asked when we would be able to BD again. I use the Clearblue Fertility Monitor and know that I will be ovulating soon. He said to just wait 48 hours and then we would be good, but my post op instructions said to wait two weeks!!!

Does anyone have any insight? I am waiting on a callback from the nurse to confirm the 48 hour thing. My husband just fussed at me for even asking because the doctor said it was fine, but I just want to make 100% sure! I know the wait time is to reduce the risk of infection.

Thanks!!!

CrazyAuntKitty is offline   Reply With Quote
Please register or login to remove these ads.

Old April 1st, 2015, 12:14 PM   #2
Kim
Beauty from Pain

Member #: 13082
I was told to not BD for two weeks due to increased chance of infection. I also bled for a few days off and on.

Kim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 3rd, 2015, 08:10 AM   #3
kanmmn
Baby #1 in Heaven! TTC #2

Member #: 19150
Because I O so late in my cycle without help, I was told to wait 2 days and then we can start BDing again, but I think that was the recommendation due to there possibly being discomfort and/or pain. I actually only spotted for a few hours right after and then it went away.

kanmmn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 7th, 2015, 10:10 AM   #4
CrazyAuntKitty

Member #: 26778
Thanks for the feedback ya'll! My doctor actually called back instead of the nurse (he's the best, seriously) and said that two weeks is what they normally say just in case. He said honestly, the cervix closes up just about as much as it's going to within hours of the procedure. He said 48 hours would be fine, but to wait a week if I was unsure. We BD two days after my procedure. Still waiting to ovulate though...

CrazyAuntKitty is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
hysteroscopy, question, quick