Welcome to TMP's trying to conceive, pregnancy & parenting forums!
TTC & Pregnancy Tools: Ovulation Calculator | hCG Calculator | Due Date Calculator
The TMP Store

Preconception, Pregnancy, Parenting & You

Go Back   The Mommy Playbook > TTC - Trying To Conceive Forums > Fertility Problems, Treatments & Long Term TTC

Start to a new cycle - Fertility Problems, Treatments & Long Term TTC

Old March 27th, 2015, 07:38 PM   #1
brittbri

Member #: 20733
Start to a new cycle

Okay everyone! So I started my new cycle today and I go in Monday for bloodwork. If all checks out we will be doing iui with femara and injectables this round. My only concern is I started today (friday) and my dr office is closed tomorrow. My question is bc I've never done an injectable cycle, when are the meds supposed to be taken? And is it okay to wait til Monday to go to my re? I'm so confused lol. Any advice is appreciated. Thanks

brittbri is offline   Reply With Quote
Please register or login to remove these ads.

Old March 28th, 2015, 12:29 AM   #2
anjie27
frustrated and annoyed..

Member #: 24733
maybe call the after hours number and speak to the doctor on call and see if they can answer your questions that you have

anjie27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 30th, 2015, 03:05 PM   #3
Mum2three

Member #: 26524
Did you get the answers you needed for the injections?

Mum2three is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 30th, 2015, 07:03 PM   #4
brittbri

They never called back until today (which is when I was supposed to have had my appt) and told me that based on my cycle I should have started meds yesterday, but that we still need to do bloodwork and u/a first. I was supposed to have went today but had to reschedule. So I go tomorrow for bloodwork and u/s and if all is good then we will start the femara tomorrow and he is ordering me the shots. So hopefully all will start by tomorrow!

Old March 31st, 2015, 02:32 PM   #5
brittbri

Update: I went in today for u/a and bloodwork and got the okay to start the meds. Starting tonight I take 2.5 mg of femara for 5 days and I start taking the gonal-f shots tomorrow at 75iu. I go April 7 for u/a and we will be scheduling iui sometime in the next 2 weeks. I am super excited to start this process! Now fx it works!! 😊

Old April 1st, 2015, 08:24 AM   #6
kanmmn
Baby #1 in Heaven! TTC #2

Member #: 19150
good luck and hopefully everything works out.

kanmmn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 1st, 2015, 10:43 AM   #7
AinNYC

Member #: 13814
Exciting! Good luck this cycle!

AinNYC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 7th, 2015, 03:31 PM   #8
brittbri

Update: I went to see re today for blood work and u/s. I took femara on cd 5-9 and started gonal-f shots on cd 6 and finished my last one last night. On today's u/s I had two follies on my right side. One at 12mm and one at 17mm. On my left side I had 2, one at 12mm and the other at 16mm. I was told to trigger on Thursday and we will go for iui on Friday. I also have to have more blood drawn Friday before the iui to make sure levels are still ok. I was also told I will be prescribed prometrium and will take that until the end of the cycle. This is starting to become a little overwhelming, but I'm super excited for this process. Just keeping my fx that it works!!