Welcome to TMP's trying to conceive, pregnancy & parenting forums!
TTC & Pregnancy Tools: Ovulation Calculator | hCG Calculator | Due Date Calculator
The TMP Store

Preconception, Pregnancy, Parenting & You

Go Back   The Mommy Playbook > TTC - Trying To Conceive Forums > Fertility Problems, Treatments & Long Term TTC

Who would like to induldge me with some Clomid Discussion.. - Fertility Problems, Treatments & Long Term TTC

Old May 16th, 2015, 03:01 PM   #9
gemipisces

Member #: 19241
My ds3 is a clomid baby. We added preseed to the mix and that helped counteract the hostile cervical mucus aspect of clomid. We did:
Month 1 50mg and preseed
Month 2 50mg and preseed
Month 3 100mg and preseed
Month 4 natural cycle
Month 5 50mg and preseed BFP!

gemipisces is offline   Reply With Quote
Please register or login to remove these ads.

Old May 16th, 2015, 04:24 PM   #10
Diamond92

Member #: 28384
Quote:
Originally Posted by gemipisces View Post
My ds3 is a clomid baby. We added preseed to the mix and that helped counteract the hostile cervical mucus aspect of clomid. We did:
Month 1 50mg and preseed
Month 2 50mg and preseed
Month 3 100mg and preseed
Month 4 natural cycle
Month 5 50mg and preseed BFP!

Congrats! I think that natural cycle might of also had something to do with it as well! Not stressing and giving your body a break. I think if I don't conceive these next three cycles, I will take a baby-macation and then up the dosage. Thank you for the lovely response!

Diamond92 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 16th, 2015, 05:33 PM   #11
gemipisces

Member #: 19241
You're very welcome. This is my first unmedicated cycle after 2 prior months of clomid. It seems I usually take a break in May.
So we shall see. My positive opks were yesterday and the day before at Cd15 and 16. Best wishes to you.

gemipisces is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 25th, 2015, 07:46 PM   #12
MrsJS1017

Member #: 16841
Hopping in here!
both of my babies were conceived on clomid Both of my bfp cycles were 100mg CD 3-7. I was also on 1,000 MG of metformin as i have pcos. My ds was conceived after about 13 months of hardly any o.
My dd was conceived on our first cycle of trying.my dr agreed I should just start with clomid since I needed it with my first pregnancy! I got mood swings both times but only hot flashes with the first cycle. Hope that helps!

MrsJS1017 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 26th, 2015, 04:33 PM   #13
Diamond92

Member #: 28384
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrsJS1017 View Post
Hopping in here!
both of my babies were conceived on clomid Both of my bfp cycles were 100mg CD 3-7. I was also on 1,000 MG of metformin as i have pcos. My ds was conceived after about 13 months of hardly any o.
My dd was conceived on our first cycle of trying.my dr agreed I should just start with clomid since I needed it with my first pregnancy! I got mood swings both times but only hot flashes with the first cycle. Hope that helps!
Aww congrats! That really gives me so much hope!
I'm on my first round/cycle of clomid 50 mg and I am excited but I also have serious concerns and doubt. If this doesnt work then what? If this doesnt work I just know I will be devestated. I always try to think positive but I don't know if its the hormones on this clomid or what but I am so terrified that I won't concieve. I quit smoking, I also have been eating healthy, plus the clomid.

Thanks for the heads up, because these hot flashes are KILLING me lol. Just a few more days of this then

My uterus and everything is healthy and normal, I just have a hormonal imbalance. & Of course I research everything to the extreme and I'm not sure if this clomid will help me. I guess I will see.

Diamond92 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 26th, 2015, 11:46 PM   #14
Gypsy22

Member #: 28617
Good Luck!! I tried clomid, and I didn't have great results. The side effects were pretty crummy too. But obviously there are other ladies who have had great results! I have been using letrozle/femara, and there have been no side effects, and it got me to ovulate. Everyone is different, and you just have to find what works!

Gypsy22 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
clomid, discussion.., induldge