Welcome to TMP's trying to conceive, pregnancy & parenting forums!
TTC & Pregnancy Tools: Ovulation Calculator | hCG Calculator | Due Date Calculator
The TMP Store

Preconception, Pregnancy, Parenting & You

Go Back   The Mommy Playbook > TTC - Trying To Conceive Forums > Fertility Problems, Treatments & Long Term TTC

TTC again - Fertility Problems, Treatments & Long Term TTC

Old May 9th, 2015, 11:42 PM   #1
trying4three

Member #: 13916
TTC again

DH and I decided to quit TTCing as I am 38 and he's 43 and we haven't had any luck since 2010. However, after doing some more research and talking some more, we decided to try until I'm 40. We have a 20 year old and an 8 year old, but we want one more.

I'm 255 pounds and though I was 230 when I conceived my last son we had no problems getting pregnant. With both I got pregnant on the very first try! I'm thinking that my weight has something to do with my not being able to get pregnant (I'm sure my age does too) and so I'm going to try and lose some weight to see if that helps.

This month was the first month in forever that I've had not only a normal 28 day cycle, but a normal 7 day period as well.

Any advice from those who have lost weight and then conceived would be appreciated as would any info from those who have conceived close to 40!

trying4three is offline   Reply With Quote
Please register or login to remove these ads.

Old May 10th, 2015, 09:45 AM   #2
brittbri

Member #: 20733
Just wanted to wish you luck on your ttc journey!! I hope that you will be able to get your bfp really soon!!

brittbri is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 10th, 2015, 04:48 PM   #3
trying4three

Thanks! I hope so too. Wish we could all get them this month!

Old May 10th, 2015, 05:43 PM   #4
Imagine_the_Memories

Member #: 18252
When I got pregnant with my daughter, I had lost 25-30ish pounds before I ever even ovulated. I have PCOS, so I had gone on a low glycemic diet (I had high glycemic stuff on occasion) and was exercising every day (walking every day for 45 minutes at a pace I couldn't hold a conversation). Even without PCOS, if you shoot for a goal of losing 10-20% off your current weight, your body starts to work more efficiently. 25 pounds seems like so much, but it's really not if you're eating smart (not necessarily a "diet" - just half a plate of veggies and fruits at every meal and a good amount of lean protein) and making an effort to be more active (for me, I already felt like I was active working in our ranch, but I made a special effort specifically for exercise).

I'll be 25 this year, so I don't have any advice for you on that front, but I can tell you that I'm rooting for you. It's the hardest thing in the world to change your lifestyle, believe me I know. But it's so worth it in the end, just to be healthy and happy.

If you want any help with diet or exercise, it's kinda a weird personal hobby of mine, playing with nutrition and stuff. Feel free to PM me.

Imagine_the_Memories is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 15th, 2015, 11:37 PM   #5
trying4three

Thank you so much! We're really hoping that this time it will take. I keep giving up, but then I see a cute baby and I decide to try "one last time." Hopefully this time it will really work!

Old May 16th, 2015, 04:29 PM   #6
Diamond92

Member #: 28384
My neighbor just had that weight loss surgery. Her insurance covered it. That's like a last step for drastic measures though. I just eat better, I'm a nice body weight and I NEVER work out. I just eat healthy. Especially since we started TTC I make sure to buy lots of fruits and veggies. I drink lots of home made smoothies, like strawberry banana, watermelon, even cantaloupe. Late at night I used to munch on cookies and junk food but now I always have chopped up fruit in the fridge for my late night snacks. I was never overweight but I weighed about 140, now i'm at 125 so Im doing pretty good. You are in control of what you put into your body!

Diamond92 is offline   Reply With Quote