Welcome to TMP's trying to conceive, pregnancy & parenting forums!
TTC & Pregnancy Tools: Ovulation Calculator | hCG Calculator | Due Date Calculator
The TMP Store

Preconception, Pregnancy, Parenting & You

Go Back   The Mommy Playbook > TTC - Trying To Conceive Forums > Fertility Problems, Treatments & Long Term TTC

**2014 ROLL CALL!** - Fertility Problems, Treatments & Long Term TTC

Old August 25th, 2014, 11:56 AM   #25
nic.cox
Just one more chance?

Member #: 10394
Name/DH Name Nicole & Brad

Age/DH Age 35/29

When is your birthday? February 8

When is your anniversary? July 26

How long have you been together? Six years

Do you have children? Names and ages? My son Christian, 16 years old. Our son Julian, b/d Nov 16, 2011. Furkid, Lupin, 6 years old.

How long have you been TTC? Five years.

Do you know what is affecting your fertility? Stage 4 Endo, Anticardiolipin Antibodies, hyperprpolactinemia.

What testing have you had done? Everything. Literally.

What have you tried (supplements, IUI, OPKs, etc...)? Everything including IVF, except IUI (not necessary with our fertility impairments)

What would you consider trying (IVF, donor eggs/sperm, medications, etc..)? We'll go up to IVF again. No donor eggs or sperm. If IVF doesn't work for us this time around, we'll look into fostering.

What are your plans for 2014? Lose another 40lbs before starting IVF again in 2015. I wouldn't complain about a surprise in the meantime though.

Last edited by nic.cox; August 25th, 2014 at 11:58 AM..
nic.cox is offline   Reply With Quote
Please register or login to remove these ads.

Old August 30th, 2014, 12:47 AM   #26
Xyris
Illuminated with Love

Member #: 1456
Name/DH Name R and G

Age/DH Age 27/42

When is your birthday? In July.

When is your anniversary? In July.

How long have you been together? Married for 7.

Do you have children? Names and ages? Yes, four children, ages 3 - 9

How long have you been TTC? Two years.

Do you know what is affecting your fertility? In 2011 I was told both of my tubes were blocked. Then I became pregnant and didn't pursue further tests on my tubes. I think this may be affecting us now. I also have Hashimoto's Hypothyroid, Antiphospholipid Antibodies, reoccurring miscarriages.

What testing have you had done? A full work-up in 2011. Karyotyping, HSG, blood work, SA... everything, I think?

What have you tried (supplements, IUI, OPKs, etc...)? Supplements, OPKs, Charting, Praying, Wishing, Hoping....

What would you consider trying? We're considering IVF with CCS next year, or in 2016. We're not open to donor eggs or sperm, but we would probably be willing to donate any left over embies if we had any.

What are your plans for 2014? Enjoy life and try not to go too crazy while I wait on the sperm to meet the egg -- however we arrive at that conclusion.

Xyris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 4th, 2014, 02:31 PM   #27
CrazyAuntKitty

Member #: 26778
  • Catherine/Paul
  • Ages: 28/29
  • Birthday: March 14
  • Anniversary: June 2
  • Together for 4, married for 2
  • No children, only two dogs who think they are children
  • Since March 2014 (only a few months)
  • No, I got off of the pill in March and have not had a period (no spotting, nothing) since
  • I have done the progesterone challenge and failed (no withdrawl bleeding) and have had my FSH and LH levels tested (they both came back normal)
  • Haven't tried any supplements or anything, just anxious to see my doctor again on the 16th
  • I would consider anything as far as IVF, medications, etc. Clomid has been mentioned by my doctor twice but I haven't seen her since my FSH and LH test results came back. I'm not sure this is still an option.
  • My plans for 2014 are just to figure out what is going on with my body and try to resolve it.

CrazyAuntKitty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 4th, 2014, 09:50 PM   #28
annaxoxo
baby please!

Member #: 26051
Name/DH Name ANNA/TOMMY
Age/DH Age 37/37
When is your birthday? Oct 15, 1977
When is your anniversary? Aug 10, 2013
How long have you been together? Almost 2 years
Do you have children? Names and ages? Not yet just 3 dogs!
How long have you been TTC? Over one year
Do you know what is affecting your fertility? Nope
What testing have you had done? Hormone, internal ultrasound
What have you tried (supplements, IUI, OPKs, etc...)? Supplements, opks, bbt
What would you consider trying (IVF, donor eggs/sperm, medications, etc..)? Considering ivf, adoption
What are your plans for 2014? Looking forward to xmas and hopefully get pregnant!

annaxoxo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 13th, 2014, 05:59 PM   #29
jayjay

Member #: 26054
thought i'd do a little introduction since i've been popping my head in a lot lately!

Name/DH Name: jaclyn/al
Age/DH Age 31/41
When is your birthday? september 25th
When is your anniversary? october 10th
How long have you been together? over 7 years, and we just celebrated our 5th wedding anniversary
Do you have children? Names and ages? we only have our two furbabies, mason (german shepherd dog, turning 7 this month) and sam (rough collie, 3-1/2)
How long have you been TTC? just started cycle #11 of "keeping track" though there was another cycle at the beginning that we didn't really pay attention to. we've essentially been trying since the beginning of this year.
Do you know what is affecting your fertility? not a clue at this time. we can't really get anything checked out until a year has officially passed, so we're sort of in limbo right now. i know it's NOT lack of ovulation as my cycles have been pretty much like clockwork and laughably normal. 26-28 days with an O day of cd14 every single time.
What testing have you had done? none yet. our first plan of action is an SA for al first thing this january.
What have you tried (supplements, IUI, OPKs, etc...)? i temped for a while and used OPKs, then took a break from all tracking for a few months but am getting back into that this cycle. i tried EPO for a while but that didn't do much for me at all. i've been drinking a fertility tea for the past few months. obviously it doesn't seem to have really made any difference, but i still drink it because it's tasty.
What would you consider trying (IVF, donor eggs/sperm, medications, etc..)? we would probably go as far as IVF if it came down to that. i don't know how we feel about donor eggs/sperm, though. and i'd do my best to steer clear of medication unless it's necessary. i prefer to keep things as natural as possible before resorting to medicine.
What are your plans for 2014? at this point, we're just anxious for this year to be over already. if we don't have our BFP by year end, then we can finally move forward in figuring out what the darn heck is wrong with us and get it fixed.

Last edited by jayjay; October 13th, 2014 at 06:06 PM..
jayjay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 7th, 2014, 03:58 PM   #30
JP'sGirl26

Member #: 15455
Name/DH Name:Jamie/Jordan
Age/DH Age: 27/29
When is your birthday? July 20
When is your anniversary? Sept 26
How long have you been together? 6 years
Do you have children? Names and ages? Yes, Logan, 17 months
How long have you been TTC? One month, it took us 2 years to get pregnant with Logan
Do you know what is affecting your fertility? Endometriosis, irregular cycles
What testing have you had done? Laparoscopy (endo), SA (normal)
What have you tried (supplements, IUI, OPKs, etc...)? I'm planning to start Vitex and OPKs after AF shows
What would you consider trying (IVF, donor eggs/sperm, medications, etc..)? We'd go all the way to IVF if needed but will not do donor eggs or sperm
What are your plans for 2014? Hopefully to get pregnant I'm hoping to get my cycles regulated and go on clomid after a few months. We won't be starting IUIs or anything like that for a while since DH is in school and we have limited income. If we aren't pregnant by April 2016 (graduation) we will be seriously looking into IVF.

JP'sGirl26 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
**2014, call!**, roll