Welcome to TMP's trying to conceive, pregnancy & parenting forums!
TTC & Pregnancy Tools: Ovulation Calculator | hCG Calculator | Due Date Calculator
The TMP Store

Preconception, Pregnancy, Parenting & You

Hi moms & moms to be! mom message board Welcome to The Mommy Playbook message board - a ttc, pregnancy and parenting forum.

Our mommy forums are filled with fun, chatty & supportive women.  We'd love it if you'd join us!  You'll find there's something here for everyone.  Our trying to conceive - fertility forums are a great place to share your stories & chat about getting pregnant.  The pregnancy and parenting forums are filled with way too much to list here, but we do have to mention Due Date Clubs!

Membership is absolutely free and registration is fast and simple so come on in and join our community of mommies and moms to be today!! Members enjoy fewer ads, access to private forums, private messaging and so much more!  

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please feel free to contact us.

Go Back   The Mommy Playbook > Parenting & Family Forums > NICU Babies & Preemie Parenting

Has anyone here had a baby after having one early due to a Incompetent cervix???? - NICU Babies & Preemie Parenting

Old April 22nd, 2012, 01:42 AM   #1
Mommytogirls

Member #: 18920
Has anyone here had a baby after having one early due to a Incompetent cervix????

I would love to have 3 children. I currently have 2 girls ages 7 years and 21 months. My first pregnancy was normal and healthy. I had my daughter at 38 weeks along. I had problems concieving after her and was diagnosed with pcos then put on metformin. I got pregnant and had a miscarriage at 7 weeks. A few months later I got pregnant again on metformin. At my 20 week ultrasound I found out i had a incompetent cervix was already dialated and 90% effaced. I had a stitch put in and was put in hospital on bedrest, water broke at 26 weeks and 6 days and I had my 1 lb 14 oz baby girl. She spent 9 weeks in the nicu. I know i will always have a incompetent weak cervix with any other pregnancy and will need a stitch put in early on, but what I would like to know is has anyone of ya'll been through something like this before and had another baby after having a incompetent cervix and a preemie? If so how did the next pregnancy go? I really want another baby but went through so much to get the last one and am really scared how another pregnancy would turn out.

Mommytogirls is offline   Reply With Quote
Please register or login to remove these ads.

Old April 22nd, 2012, 02:14 AM   #2
Misty
Administrator

Member #: 53
It was never determined why I have preemies, but all of my kids have been born before 36 weeks.

35, 33, twins at 35, and my last at 32 (water broke at 30 weeks)

So I'm not much help. The good thing is that you will be watched like a hawk!! I was, too, and it didn't help!!!

Misty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 24th, 2012, 08:01 AM   #3
kaseylea

Member #: 1246
I have a very dear friend that had a baby at 23 weeks that didn't make it due to incompetent cervix. She got pregnant again and I believe they put her stitch in at around 12 weeks. She had it removed at 37 weeks and delivered around 38 weeks. I believe once it's determined that you have incompetent cervix it's a pretty easy fix. I would definitely talk to your doctor about your concerns. Good luck!

kaseylea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 24th, 2012, 06:05 PM   #4
Angelnlove

Member #: 7024
I lost a baby at 21 weeks due to IC. I went on and had a micro preemie at 23 weeks. I had a stitch placed at 18 weeks and then again at 21 weeks. I dilated even with the stitch. If I get pregnant again I will have a transabdominal stitch placed during my pregnancy. It is a big surgery and only a handful of docs preform them but it is my only chance to carry to term or at least to viability.

Angelnlove is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
baby, cervix????, early, incompetent

The Mommy Playbook > Parenting & Family Forums > NICU Babies & Preemie Parenting