Welcome to TMP's trying to conceive, pregnancy & parenting forums!
TTC & Pregnancy Tools: Ovulation Calculator | hCG Calculator | Due Date Calculator
The TMP Store

Preconception, Pregnancy, Parenting & You

Hi moms & moms to be! mom message board Welcome to The Mommy Playbook message board - a ttc, pregnancy and parenting forum.

Our mommy forums are filled with fun, chatty & supportive women.  We'd love it if you'd join us!  You'll find there's something here for everyone.  Our trying to conceive - fertility forums are a great place to share your stories & chat about getting pregnant.  The pregnancy and parenting forums are filled with way too much to list here, but we do have to mention Due Date Clubs!

Membership is absolutely free and registration is fast and simple so come on in and join our community of mommies and moms to be today!! Members enjoy fewer ads, access to private forums, private messaging and so much more!  

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please feel free to contact us.

Go Back   The Mommy Playbook > Parenting & Family Forums > The Preschooler Playground (ages 3-5)

She did it . . . - The Preschooler Playground (ages 3-5)

Old April 19th, 2012, 03:08 PM   #1
Misty
Administrator

Member #: 53
She did it . . .

Somehow I knew this was coming. Emily wants to get her hair cut short in a bob, but DH refuses to let her get it cut. (stupid if you ask me, but whatever!!!) This really doesn't have anything to do with the story except the other day, she had some scissors in her hand and open. She flung her head around, and her hair got in the scissors and cut a few strands off. I told her to be careful and explained how scissors could cut without being closed, and she said, "Oh, that would be good. Since daddy won't let me get my hair cut!" So in my mind, this may have something to do with her cutting her hair . . .

So she cut her hair today. I know this is supposed to be some rite of passage, but Ethan NEVER did anything like this. Emily is 5 . . . you would THINK the thrill of that is gone!!! It is barely noticeable (it is a small chunk right on top of her head, but the way it lays, I don't think anyone would even notice), but it still makes me angry.

She also cut Sawyer's hair. I can fix his . . . he's a boy!!! But still . . .

I talked to her about cutting her hair, asking her why she did it and explaining that we don't do that. Then I took her scissors away. I didn't notice Sawyer's until a few hours later.

I called her in and asked her if she wanted to come clean about anything else. I gave her every opportunity. She kept cutting her eyes at the spot on Sawyer's head where she cut it!!!! But she wouldn't confess. I even told her, if you are lying, you will be grounded for 2 weeks. So is there anything you want to tell me now??? And she said no . . .

Misty is offline   Reply With Quote
Please register or login to remove these ads.

Old April 19th, 2012, 03:27 PM   #2
JMC
My family is complete!!

Member #: 16069
Oh no!! When my oldest brother was about 3, he layed the scissors ON his scalp, and started cutting. They had to COMPLETELY shave his head.

Connor has done this, but it was just right in front, his bangs. BARELY noticeable!

JMC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 19th, 2012, 10:18 PM   #3
Laura

Member #: 4010
I am always afraid Shelby will do this! She has those child-safety scissors, but they stay in the drawer, and so far she always asks if she wants to use them.

I had her hair cut in a bob earlier this year, because it got so tangled all the time, and she keeps saying she wants it long, so maybe she won't try to cut it.

Laura is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 20th, 2012, 12:20 AM   #4
crash

Member #: 121
thor did this a couple months ago. Ironically he doesn't want to have short hair. When I noticed the spot right on the crown of his head, center of the part a big ole chunk

when I questioned him about it I asked who cut your hair? thinking it was a friend but he said no one did and then got that look.

I showed him in the mirror and he said no one cut it mom its just starting to grow there you know from my scalp!!! And got indignant with me

crash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 20th, 2012, 08:51 AM   #5
RobinX3

Member #: 15123
Oh no! Glad it wasnt a major hair cut! Thankfully Ellie hasnt done this yet.

RobinX3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 20th, 2012, 12:07 PM   #6
cdog8

Member #: 8253
Alyssa did that a couple years ago. I was devastated!! She cut a huge chunk on the side but not super short. It's finally all grown out now.

cdog8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 20th, 2012, 12:23 PM   #7
CrazyBeautiful
Missing my angel Cameron

Member #: 1541
Yikes you have a little rebel on your hands

CrazyBeautiful is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 22nd, 2012, 07:39 PM   #8
peet
love my gauslings

Member #: 11263
Oh geez.